• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NASTY COMMENT by a stranger!!

emma-louise

my new life!!
I'm 5.1 in height my start weight before gastric bypass was 19.3.
In september I'm 2 years post op and I weigh 11.3 now.
My clothes are 12 jeans and 10/12 top,I look in the mirror and feel pretty slim!
But yesterday this man..(a thirty year old tool)
Came racing towards me and my children in his car when we was crossing the road,I though he was going to knock us down!
So I shouted at him through his window screen.
He came back at me calling me a fat cow,I told him to f***ing shut up and walked away.
I thought nothing of it until the evening,when I found myself asking my hubby if I was still fat?
He said no,and asked why I was asking.
I told him what this idiot said and I thought 'end of'.
But if I'm honest it's bothered me a little,I'm wondering do I look big still.
I havent lost anything in weight for months now,so I'm thinking I'm in maintain mode.
I did want to get to 10 stone(my own goal)as I'm only 5.1,I have some jelly skin..on my thighs ,belly and bottom,but ive been lucky with loose skin so ideally this jelly may not allow me to get much lower in weight.
I think I need to be reminded and put into perspective how well I've done and what can still be achieved.
Info like...ideal weight for height..
Percentage of excess weight lost..(forgot what I was told).
I would ask at my hospital,but haven't had an appointment for a while(as they have cancelled them,as struggling to do clinics for some reason)..
Sorry for wittering on! I'm just a bit bothered today,I'll be ok tommorow!

You have done so well and dont let some Twat let you feel low about all the hard work and life change you have gone through to get this far.

In life there are always going to be some small minded idiots that dont have brains and just say stupid stuff and some people think unless you are a stick insect you are fat.

To me you are an inspiration and to be the weight you are is only a dream to me at the moment.

Dont give the idiot anymore of your thinking time.

What goes around comes around...

Jane x

The thing with scum like that the go for what they think will affect you the most. So with a woman, calling her fat is usually going to bother her even if they pretend it doesn't. At a size 10/12 you are very normal and slim! No one wearing that size clothes are fat but because of your previous weight you are obviously going to feel insecure about it. I would in your position. If someone called me fat now, they would be right but I'd still be angry because I'd want to say well you should have seen me before lol. Like you said you will be ok tomorrow, but I completely understand why you feel a bit rattled by it right now. Take comfort in the fact your not fat any more but he will always be loser in the worst sense of the word :) x

You have done amazing emma - I am like you (short ass) a mere 5ft I am - and to be honest I have never had anyone say anything bad about me ( to my face anyroad) but if I worried about what people thought I would never set foot outside me door lol - With us being shorter our bmi are a lot higher then say someone who would be 5ft 6 etc - Relish in your accomplishments and this tool you saw ignore him, I find ppl that comment nastily about other people usually are insecure themselves........... Enjoy your new life x x

BlueDiamond said:
You have done amazing emma - I am like you (short ass) a mere 5ft I am - and to be honest I have never had anyone say anything bad about me ( to my face anyroad) but if I worried about what people thought I would never set foot outside me door lol - With us being shorter our bmi are a lot higher then say someone who would be 5ft 6 etc - Relish in your accomplishments and this tool you saw ignore him, I find ppl that comment nastily about other people usually are insecure themselves........... Enjoy your new life x x

Thank you,
Was just upsetting too that he shouted out fat cow in front of my kids too!
I'm finding myself looking in the mirror wondering if I can get anymore weight off.,(well today I am..lol)

Thank you,
Was just upsetting too that he shouted out fat cow in front of my kids too!
I'm finding myself looking in the mirror wondering if I can get anymore weight off.,(well today I am..lol)

Hi again

Look at what you have accomplished Emma - Do not let a nobody start questioning yourself hun. If your happy at the size you are sod everyone else....Happiness has to begin within yourself what anyone else thinks is immaterial to be honest. When I get ready to go out I look at myself and think gawd the size of my tummy ( I have quite a large over hang , which doesnt show when fully clothed) I am a size 8-10 on my bottom half - I am approaching 42 years of age and what do I need 2 be a size 4/6 for ???? For nobody thats who. I am very happy with my size and when people meet me ( unless they knew me b4 hand) their jaws drop when I tell em I used to be a size 24/26 they just cannot get over it . As I said b4 enjoy your new healthy life - Grab it with both hands hun xxx

This 'tool' obviously did not have sufficient mental capacity to string together the words to form an apology, nor the conscience to drive like a responsible adult. You are by no means fat! He will ALWAYS be a 'tool' (which I think is putting it very mildly).

Remember where you have come from and be proud of your achievement! Don't let this waste of space spoil it for you one second longer.

I would applaud myself and pity the fool who behaved like a tool! I wouldnt worry too much about the word "fat" - he used it in the same way as he used the word cow, just a blind insult .... Anyone with an idea of a cow would know what beautiful gentle creatures they are. Bit like saying stupid old so and so ........ We don't mean the words, just say them.
Rejoice in your successes - they belong to you. Tracey xxx

I think I need to be reminded and put into perspective how well I've done and what can still be achieved.
Info like...ideal weight for height..
Percentage of excess weight lost..(forgot what I was told).
I would ask at my hospital,but haven't had an appointment for a while(as they have cancelled them,as struggling to do clinics for some reason)..
Sorry for wittering on! I'm just a bit bothered today,I'll be ok tommorow![/QUOTE]
Firstly, well done on your weight loss :)
Secondly, IU don't know any fat people wearing size 12.
Thirdly, this site will calculate your percentage loss and BMI for you. Go into the user CP and fill in your height, start weight and current weight and your acheivements will appear in the left hand column when you post .
xx

I call it spare skin :) They wont be laughing when they need a skin graft and they have no skin.. Thats what I tell myself when I get comments :D

Hune dont give this halfwit another second of your time even in thought. I don't think he meant you were fat, it was probably the only thing his little brain was capable of thinking, lets face it what else could he have said, on the spur of the moment with his brain capacity. Dont let this idiot put you down, you've done well, and if you had been slim all your life you would have laughed at the comment for it's stupidity it's just that at the back of your mind in the corner somewhere lurking you're still insecure and who among us isn't!

Looks like you all agree with me that he's a TOOL !...lol
You have all made me smile with your comments x
I'm just mad with myself that he's made me question..am I still fat??
I used to get men young and old shouting abuse at me..'look at the arse on that' when I was a size 24.
I have surgery to improve things and I still get a nasty arse comment.

novamay said:
This 'tool' obviously did not have sufficient mental capacity to string together the words to form an apology, nor the conscience to drive like a responsible adult. You are by no means fat! He will ALWAYS be a 'tool' (which I think is putting it very mildly).

Remember where you have come from and be proud of your achievement! Don't let this waste of space spoil it for you one second longer.

Lol..thanks x

gonnabethinner said:
Hune dont give this halfwit another second of your time even in thought. I don't think he meant you were fat, it was probably the only thing his little brain was capable of thinking, lets face it what else could he have said, on the spur of the moment with his brain capacity. Dont let this idiot put you down, you've done well, and if you had been slim all your life you would have laughed at the comment for it's stupidity it's just that at the back of your mind in the corner somewhere lurking you're still insecure and who among us isn't!

Thanks,
Yes your right I am still insecure..and calling me a fat cow is the easiest way to 'upset' a woman.
I suppose before this remark I was feeling quite slim,but now I'm not so sure.
I may just be having a bad day,and letting silly things get to me ..lol

Don't let this cock face knock your confidence... I have found in the past that some people (usually those on the lower IQ level!) will use the word "fat cow" as that is the only derogatory term they feel able to use in public - it's a mean and hurtful thing to say and that is why they use it...nothing at all to do with the shape and the size of the person they are shouting it at!

I remember having been probably about 14 stone for a few years and then I went down to 10 stone - one of the regulars in the Dept who I had been treating for years, and had called me all sorts over the years, but never fat. Yet when I went down to 10 stone, suddenly he started calling me a "fat old cow" ! So you just keep up the good work and don't let him bother you! Sometimes people minds work in odd ways eh?
xx

OOnion said:
Don't let this cock face knock your confidence... I have found in the past that some people (usually those on the lower IQ level!) will use the word "fat cow" as that is the only derogatory term they feel able to use in public - it's a mean and hurtful thing to say and that is why they use it...nothing at all to do with the shape and the size of the person they are shouting it at!

I remember having been probably about 14 stone for a few years and then I went down to 10 stone - one of the regulars in the Dept who I had been treating for years, and had called me all sorts over the years, but never fat. Yet when I went down to 10 stone, suddenly he started calling me a "fat old cow" ! So you just keep up the good work and don't let him bother you! Sometimes people minds work in odd ways eh?
xx

Thank you
I think your right it was the easiest thing to call me in the street.
But to do it in front of my Children!! Stupid t**t !
What's the world coming too,so many people with no manners or morals anymore!

Who cares what this numptie thinks. Anything over Kate Moss size could be fat to him and who cares what he thinks, jerk!
You may have been fat and you may not be at your goal yet but look at what you have achieved and look at this brainless ignorant tool and what will he achieve in life, nothing with that attitude. I mean you almost run over a woman and children and all you can do is abuse them? Any gentleman worth his salt would have gotten out checked you were all OK and apologized.
It truly says more about him as a person inside and out than it will ever say about you.
You are NOT fat and he is absolutely a massive unadulterated prat!

Back