• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new to this site...not so new to surgery

catwal

Hi everyone, I had my surgery in 2 parts. The first was a gastric sleeve in July 2013 and the second converted to gastric bypass Nov 2014. Starting weight was 28 stone and I am now slightly over 18 stone. so I am still very heavy but nothing as heavy as I was. as my daughter points out, in terms of weight I've "lost a person". I had all sorts of physical issues (diabetic on insulin to name just one) but that's disappeared now. I haven't really used a site like this but after reading so many interesting posts thought I would join you. Hello......:)

Hi catwal, it sounds like your surgeries have been a success for you which is great news..
Well done on losing that other person!
I hope you find this site useful, I know I do and enjoy the support of others here...welcome

Welcome catwal :) Congratulations on your amazing weightloss, that's fantastic. How are you feeling after your bypass? I'm due one in April, so excited!

I expected the same type of feeling at the 2nd op that I had after first. I thought oh ive done it before, I know what the surgery is like, I know the eating stages, liquids, puree, soft etc...so I thought the 2nd stage would be easy. Its totally different from a mental perspective..i was quite euphoric after first surgery and saw immediate results. I think I expected to feel the same and I didn't.. although post op my weight loss had stabalised and I have since lost a further 2 stones making it 10 in all. I can also definitely eat a lot lot less than I could with just the sleeve. I am extremely lucky I was never had any vomiting, but last week I ate too fast cos I was hungry and had to make myself sick as I got chicken stuck...I don't think I was ready for chicken breast! I am so thrilled with my new life...I could hardly walk anywhere without sounding like a puffing train - I can go tot he gym now and walk regular.
I had outgrown size 32 clothing. its such a pleasure to be able to walk into stores and ASDA and buy size 20 and it fits. my daughter laughs cos I still go to pick up size 24 plus and am amazed its too big LOL!

I expected the same type of feeling at the 2nd op that I had after first. I thought oh ive done it before, I know what the surgery is like, I know the eating stages, liquids, puree, soft etc...so I thought the 2nd stage would be easy. Its totally different from a mental perspective..i was quite euphoric after first surgery and saw immediate results. I think I expected to feel the same and I didn't.. although post op my weight loss had stabalised and I have since lost a further 2 stones making it 10 in all. I can also definitely eat a lot lot less than I could with just the sleeve. I am extremely lucky I was never had any vomiting, but last week I ate too fast cos I was hungry and had to make myself sick as I got chicken stuck...I don't think I was ready for chicken breast! I am so thrilled with my new life...I could hardly walk anywhere without sounding like a puffing train - I can go tot he gym now and walk regular.
I had outgrown size 32 clothing. its such a pleasure to be able to walk into stores and ASDA and buy size 20 and it fits. my daughter laughs cos I still go to pick up size 24 plus and am amazed its too big LOL!

I guess that must be quite strange, feeling like you've been throughout it all once, but then it not being quite the same. Can see why it messed with you a bit. You've done really well, 10 stone is amazing. Haha it sounds like your head needs to catch up with the size you are now. Must be a lovely feeling to pick something up and realise it's far too big. So many more options the smaller you get. Don't know about you but I'll be glad to see the back of Ev*ns. Hello Mons*on and New Lo*k!! :D

Well done on the weight loss :) Make sure you show us some before an after pics :)

Hello catwal,
like you I too have "lose a person" and boy don't it feel great! I was a size 32 weighting nearly 28 stone 4 months post op im in the 18 stone bracket size 22/24 and again like you loving walking and just been more active still pick up my old size as its a habit but when I pick up my new size I still think it wont fit and im shocked when it does!
Very good luck in all you wish for

Back