• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

15 days to go!

masonrules

Hi everyone -

My name's Amy, I live in Bristol and I'm being banded by Mr Hewin at Dolan Park on 15th June. Eeeek!

So excited (and also a little scared!)... been reading all your posts over the last few weeks and feel like I know you all!

Can't wait for it to be over and to start my journey. In the meantime I'm going to be obsessively checking this forum for information!

Amy

Good Luck!! The time will fly by and before you know you will be firmly plonked on the loosers bench!

Can't wait! Think its just hit me that its actually happening....going to start stocking up on soups and windeze! Still can't believe it will actually work...and can't get my head round a slim me. Know when I did Cambridge that I struggled to see myself as slim even when I'd lost four stone! Self-image is a funny thing....

Good luck mason rules Dolan park is lovely xx

Thanks all of you xx

Dolan Park is really nice. I was just there myself. Hope you don't get room 19 cause it's a noisy one ;)

Hi Amy, my names Sasha....welcome to the forum, I'm pretty new to this site but it's the best advise you will ever get. Real people true to life with a wealth of info & support to get you through your journey. I'm in Wiltshire (Trowbridge) so not too far from you. I'm having a Gastric Band in Bristol Southmead. Can I ask why you're going to Dolan? Good luck & keep us up to date ?

Hi Sasha - going to Dolan as am self-funding and it was the most affordable. Southmead would have been great if I could have gone there! Let me know how you get on...

Will do Amy....I'm lucky to be having NHS funding. Keep us up to date, wishing youths of luck, ask any questions....someone would have experienced it & will be able to respond ??

Good luck x

You're about to embark on a new journey that will bring you great joy and a new life. It will also require you to adjust your lifestyle and your relationship with food and with Yin there is always Yang. If we want to gain the huge benefits and happiness that WLS brings we have to sacrifice some things that gave us these things pre op. Provided you're ready to make these changes you have a fantastic and exciting future ahead of you. Very very best of luck and keep us informed as to your progress x

I was banded at Dolan park last July. I must have slept in the lucky bed ... Hope you do too! As Karlos said, you will need to be prepared to make adjustments ... Go into this journey, prepared to do some work and any sacrifices you have to make will definitely be worth it. Best of luck Amy :)

Thanks all of you. I am prepared to make changes....lost four stone with Cambridge previously and kept it off for over a year (until I lost my job and became really depressed...no excuse, but I'm sure you all understand).

Had a trial at a local gym I'll be joining when I'm allowed to exercise again, and am starting counselling on the 12th for additional support. £5000 is so much money for me and I've worked so hard to save for it I'm going to do everything I can to make it work! I have been lurking in this forum for a good while now and have been so inspired by so many of you. Am glad I am prepared for little restriction at the start and to do a traditional 'diet'. I'm scared, but I know this is my best chance of success, so I'm prepared for a full on brain switch! My housemate is very healthy and slim and goes to the gym five times per week...going to pretend I'm her from now on!

Kelly...we are similar BMI and height AND see you were banded my Mr Hewin!

Thanks again all of you.

Amy

AND it's 12 days now!!

Back