• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

November 2015 Surgeries

I'm that excited I didn't even realise I'd put loop set!!! Meant to say loosers bench!! Predictive text and excitement haha :)

I know exactly what you mean.
After I got off the phone with the hospital and got my date I rang my boyfriend to tell him but couldn't speak I just cried down the phone for a good five minutes while he thought something awful had happened. Hahahah!

Brilliant news we will all be on baby food together. Lol

Good luck everyone..!

I'm looking forward to going through this journey with you all..!

xx

Just relieved to finally know when it's happening!! And good luck to everyone else too!!
Looking forward to helping each other through it all :)

Doesn't sound nice but made a nice pre op dish today easy too
I like odd things.

Cauliflower 1/3 or if small 1/2
1 garlic clove
1/3 onion
2 pt water
Oxo cube
1/4 cup peas
1 teaspoon curry powder

Boil all together for 45mins I enjoyed it. Maybe add your 2 tablespoons of pasta or rice?

Ooooo will have to give that a whirl but would have to swap the cauliflower for something else tho lol, thanks for that :) xx

Hi claire, just wanted to wish you the very best for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you, let us know how you get on. Lin xxx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi Lin, thank you so much.

I'm going in around 7pm. I'm unbelievably nervous. Can't believe it's all happening.

I'll let you know how it all goes.

Thank you..!

Hi Lin, thank you so much. I'm going in around 7pm. I'm unbelievably nervous. Can't believe it's all happening. I'll let you know how it all goes. Thank you..!

Good luck Claire and see you tomorrow xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you..!

Lisa - I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow :) xx

Good luck X X

Ok so I'm looking forward to that bench tomorrow......All these years and yet tomorrow is my birth.

Hi all,

I had my sleeve on Friday 13th at Kings in London. So I am now 6 days out.

The good news:

I am sitting at home typing this with a cup of tea and a bottle of water next to me. I have protein shake every 2 hours and have even managed a small amount of watered down chicken soup. I am sleeping well, in a bed on my own, my husband has been trying to wait on me hand and foot bless him. Even the dog seems to understand not to jump on me. This is the first day that I am fully dressed with a bra on !!

I am on normal paracetamol for the pain, which is very bearable and I am now forgetting to take them.

The Not So Good:

My tummy is very bruised and it is still uncomfortable to have a car journey to the gp. It still hurts to cough and sneeze. I get very tired very quickly, you must remember to rest up as much as you can. My body is getting back to normal now, I am going to number 2 every other day ~ hot tip, orange juice ice lollies yum !!

The Bad:

Dont be fooled, this is a surgery under anesthetic - it does hurt.

Post op was not fun at all, I was vomiting and in a lot of pain, I asked to stay in for an extra night (2) as I was 70 miles away from home, don't get discharged if you do not feel well enough. It felt like I had done 6000 sit ups and then beaten with a baseball bat on the torso !! BUT that goes away quite quickly with the iv pain relief.

Do I regret doing it ? ABSOLUTELY NOT

So look forward not back and believe me it is bloody worth it.

Good luck
xx

Congratulations on your sleeve dellam, hoping to have my sleeve on the 30th after being cancelled on the 2nd. You are still early days yet, but your post is very informative, glad you are being waited on, I know my hubby will be doing the same. Not sure how long I will be in the hospital, fingers crossed it won't be long, I will relax better at home. I'm planning on taking it a day at at time. Glad to see you on here lots of support from other members. Take care.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back