• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One Year on and Slimming World

Well I lost 52 lbs in the first year with my band slow and steady, my consultant was really happy with the slow weight loss and saw it as a great success unlike me who was very impatient.
I was stuck at a certain weight for quite a while so made the decision to join Slimming World two weeks ago and have lost 4.5 lbs in two weeks so feel much better about my weight, hopefully I can continue successfully with the second phase of my journey:)

Last edited:
thats great! good luck :) xxx

Sometimes it does us good to mix up what we are doing - confuses our bodies. Seems like SW maybe did that for you. well done, carry on being successful :D x

I did the same but joined ww! I lost 4lb in week 1 and 2.5lb this week....do it proves it gets us back on track and shakes us up a bit!!! Well done!!! X

Can I ask did you do slimming world before your band. And if you did is it any diffront now doing slimming world with the band? Xxx

Daisy I wouldn't do slimming world yet...you need high protein low carb diet as you'll have been given? Pastas rice etc are a no go and even though we are so far down doing sw or ww I know I'm still tweaking to fit around band diet!

Once youre on solids heres what I aimed for ish:
800 cals
45g protein
70g carbs
This is approx per day but ultimately follow your providers guidance

I'm not sure it could be? Hopefully some nhs guys can advise? ultimately they say don't count cals but I'm sorry that would have never have worked for me...I need the control..more freedom=more danger! were you not given diet sheets etc? I'd just be wary as you shouldn't be eating carbs, their diet is not built for post op people who have differing needs. I've literally only done this for my last stone and to shake my body up a bit as stalled

My provider didn't recommend counting calories or give any guidance formally around this issue, but my dietician was comfortable with me doing it if it helped me keep focus. And it certainly did! I have pretty consistently lost weight. The reason I started counting calories that my weight loss stalled for a couple of weeks at the beginning and I worked out my body had gone into starvation mode...when my band was stopping me eat more than around 6-700 calories a day. On those days when I was a little on the low side, I would always try to drink milky coffees to increase my consumption. Maybe sounds strange, but I lose more when I eat a little more. I follow my providers guidance re eating band friendly food - protein first, then veg, followed by carbs. My best losses are when I average around 1100-1200 calories a day and c 60g of protein. we are all different, and that's just what has worked for me ... You will find your groove too :cool: x

Oh know I wasn't thinking for just now. I was thinking for long term. You see slimming world is the only diet I have ever done. So eating healthy for me consists of slimming world friendly foods. So I was just wondering if ppl have found it easier to stick to the principles of slimming world and weight watchers post op.
Xxx

Love slimming world first week but ive already learned the things im doi g wro g which is why ive been struggling to lose weight mainly 3 in one coffees and oasis juice also oat burst porridge oats so high in calories ive banned them lol xx

My provider hasn't mentioned anything about avoiding carbs. Obviously it's important to get sufficient protein, but I'm not sure a low carb diet is recommended post surgery is it?

This is a really old thread, almost two years old and most of the contributors are no longer active.

Everyone is different but always follow your providers advice.

Back