• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight watchers /slimming world

Nkpjkb56

Only lost 40 lbs since I was banded on the 2 November 2013 I know some people will say that's good but I feel I should of done better I haven't lost weight for about 6 weeks so was wondering if any other banders go to either weight watchers or slimming world and does it help any advice would be appreciated

I am a bypass but I still go to slimming world as I think it important not to get into bad habits and the support is amazing, any wls is not the whole answer and it still takes a whole lifestyle change to make it work long term, well that's only my opinion of course ! I have been walking as well. The answer is finding what works for you, and of course losing too much too fast can be a reason to have excess skin.

i follow the WW plan, a) the weigh ins give me motivation to stick to what I'm doing and the daily points really work well with band portion sizes and allows you to select foods that are band friendly. However I only use the daily points, do not touch the weekly or the activity points as that is beyond the calorie intake my provider suggests :)

Last edited:
I think the answer to this depends on your level of restriction. Mine is amazing and so I swear by slimming world, but if your restriction is not good, I can see slimming world being a bad thing and ww being the better option. My view would be try it and see.

I think the answer to this depends on your level of restriction. Mine is amazing and so I swear by slimming world, but if your restriction is not good, I can see slimming world being a bad thing and ww being the better option. My view would be try it and see.
Have they changed the ww programme recently to be more similar to
Sw with some foods unlimited? I may be wrong just something it had read.

Have they changed the ww programme recently to be more similar to
Sw with some foods unlimited? I may be wrong just something it had read.

Not ongoing unlimited but yo follow a plan called simple start where you can eat amounts that you want but from a specific list :)

My Fitness Pal? I'm too stingy for WW/SW when I'm still paying off my band (it's only a bit of silicone... why so expensive? ;-) LOL).

40lbs is good - steady does it I say. I'm sick of reading about people with stretchy skin frightens the life out of me. I'm 56lbs off since last June and more than happy with that (so far, still a bit to go mind).

Chin up xx

I have put on 2 st since my bypass nearly 4 year ago. Im joining slimming world tonight as I just can't do it on my own. My fear is portion control with sw though what attracts me is not counting or checking points and calories of everything you eat. Who out there would recommend slimming world. All the carbs scare me and does anyone know the amount of cals I should be eating to lose weight. Thanks

I prefer WW to SW to be honest, find it much more easy to work out.
And saying how many 'sins' (I know it's spelled differently) sounds very dodgy to me. Also I find the red days too hard to chew and the green days too bloaty! x

I have put on 2 st since my bypass nearly 4 year ago. Im joining slimming world tonight as I just can't do it on my own. My fear is portion control with sw though what attracts me is not counting or checking points and calories of everything you eat. Who out there would recommend slimming world. All the carbs scare me and does anyone know the amount of cals I should be eating to lose weight. Thanks

I totally would. the only reason I am still loosing at 2 years out is through slimming world. Have lost two stone with them :) In terms of portion control I still have good restriction but the plan allows me to eat when hungry.
[Quote =helloeverybody83;2729269]I prefer WW to SW to be honest, find it much more easy to work out.
And saying how many 'sins' (I know it's spelled differently) sounds very dodgy to me. Also I find the red days too hard to chew and the green days too bloaty! x[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you've not been back for a while then, as its no longer red and green.

If portions etc are your thing, then pointing via WW may be preferable to doing SW.

Each to their own. No, I didn't like the red/green - so I didn't go anymore and prefer WW. Not sure why I'd go back to something I didn't like/didn't suit me tbh ;-/

Wasn't asking you to, was just making sure laid law had all the info.

It might be a good idea to borrow some of the books etc/read up and then you can compare what you think - there's usually a SW and a WW book in circulation in my office ;-) have a good weekend all x

Back