• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only 7 days to go :)))

yiiipppeeeeeeee

Thank you. Is it wrong that I'm excited now?? I cannot wait to be on the losers bench, I've even been making plans for when I've lost some weight :)

Yay for you pre-op pass..... full steam ahead and firmly on the tracks for a healthier slimmer you choooooo choooooo all the best for Wednesday exciting stuff eeeeek xx

last day then operation

Just finished day 7 of pre op diet and 7lb down, not found it too difficult except day 3, tears and tantrums!! Decided to keep a bit of a diary, as reading all your posts has really helped me, and and answered a lot of the niggling questions that have been eating away since getting op date. If I can reassure just one person il be happy.
Bypass 30th Oct, got to be at Derby for 10am. I'm booked on the afternoon and evening surgery list with Mr Ahmed. Still really nervous though and have lots of what if's moments.
My daughter has told me I have to take her to Alton Towers next year as she wants to go to the scare fest. Won't be able to use my weight anymore as an excuse for not going on the rides, ha ha this will be when she finds out that I'm terrified of roller coasters.
Anyway off to bed as full day at work ahead of me. Night peeps xx

Hi, im on my last milk and yog diet tuesday to be in thonbury hospital for 7am looking forward to having it done, but not the upset of having operation, have a wonderfull operation what ever you are having done, think on your one of the lucky ones, some people won't get this far.

all the best for the 30th october
BBB

That's why I didn't tell anyone... sorry you had to deal with that. But well done on the healthy choices.

Hi i have told my mates not one of them as questioned me but gave support where its needed, one guy not a mate said if i was going on a milk x yog diet why couldn't i stick to just having this diet! i fell about laughing really.

your friend sounds a B****h really i wouldn't class her as a true friend, for get her, you should rize about this. soap box done.
good luck BBB

Good luck Caz, Beefy and everyone being bypassed this week. I hope it all goes well for you and your experience is as good as mine has been. Let us know you are on the losers' bench as soon as you can. Exciting times. Hugs all round! xxx

Hi, im on my last milk and yog diet tuesday to be in thonbury hospital for 7am looking forward to having it done, but not the upset of having operation, have a wonderfull operation what ever you are having done, think on your one of the lucky ones, some people won't get this far. all the best for the 30th october BBB

Thanks BBB,

Hope all goes well for you today :)

I'm having bypass, cannot wait to be on the losers bench!! Your right about the friend, I only told 2 friends as I thought they would be supportive, and up to Sat she was.... I'm a mental health nurse and when I had my band in 2007 I was still at uni. I made the mistake of telling everyone.. The reaction from some of the other student nurses was awful.

Will be eagerly waiting for your post op post :) :) x

Just finished day 7 of pre op diet and 7lb down, not found it too difficult except day 3, tears and tantrums!! Decided to keep a bit of a diary, as reading all your posts has really helped me, and and answered a lot of the niggling questions that have been eating away since getting op date. If I can reassure just one person il be happy.
Bypass 30th Oct, got to be at Derby for 10am. I'm booked on the afternoon and evening surgery list with Mr Ahmed. Still really nervous though and have lots of what if's moments.
My daughter has told me I have to take her to Alton Towers next year as she wants to go to the scare fest. Won't be able to use my weight anymore as an excuse for not going on the rides, ha ha this will be when she finds out that I'm terrified of roller coasters.
Anyway off to bed as full day at work ahead of me. Night peeps xx
Cat1972, I am scheduled to have my op on 7th November, being admitted on the 6th for all my pre assessments, My son Lives in Germany and he has also said when he comes home next year I have to go on a scary ride, as every-time I visit him we go to the equivalent of Alton Towers and Thorpe park, I sooooo want to go on the rides, but Im always embarrassed that I wont fit in the seat, or the harness wont fit over me, so def next year. I hope your op goes well and will look for your posts.

Good luck Caz and Beefy.. please let us know how you got on. xx

Thanks Guys.. Nerves have well and truly kicked in now.. Tomorrow night it will all be over and my new life begins

Good luck, thinking of you. Whenever I've lost weight in the past, my heavy friends always got snippy about it. I think they feel you're betraying them in a way, that you'll no longer be one of them. Strange. All the best. X

Went to theatre at 2pm yesterday and was in for 5 hours!! Am connected to 2 drips and have drains in, but it's all been worth it.. Been told il be in between 3 and 5 days... They have had me up walking twice during the night and at the moment it's really sore. Got to go for a scan later today to check there are no leeks from my pouch... Well I can't keep my eyes open so il go now and update again later x

Back