• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only 7 days to go :)))

I'm home now and sipping a slim fast all I've had since Thursday is water and coffee, so on top of being in pain I feel faint and in need of nutrition, I really didn't expect to be in so much pain, silly I suppose as it is a major operation, hearing I could still feel like this in seven days is not what I wanted to hear!!
I was exactly the same didn't realise the pain I would be in I can promise you tho it does get better!!!! X x x

Hello all, hope we're feeling better.
My wind has eased quite a lot today. net for a walk to the local firework display and it came back! Grrr

It comes and goes now ratter than constant pain like it was. I do hope you feel better soon. Make sure you're taking the painkillers. Don't be brave...just take them!

X

Walk around a little & keep sipping the fluids. I found gentle rocking forwards, backwards and leaning side to side eventually moved any stuck wind for me. It can take a couple of weeks for it to disperse fully. I didn't need them but a few folks here suggest taking windeze. It's easy to forget that this is a major surgery you have had and the little scars we bear on the surface are nothing compared to what's on the inside... It's going to hurt ;)

What worries me about the procedure (having just had my consultation) is that he says he'll have to remove a lot of scar tissue from an old stomach op scar. I'm beginning to think it may not be quite the walk in the park I thought it was guys.

I had a lot of scar tissue from 3 previous key hole surgery's and although I was in theatre longer I think my recovery has been same. Had op Wednesday and home today. Don't be put off Chappers I can't wait for my loss to begin xx

I'm home now and sipping a slim fast all I've had since Thursday is water and coffee, so on top of being in pain I feel faint and in need of nutrition, I really didn't expect to be in so much pain, silly I suppose as it is a major operation, hearing I could still feel like this in seven days is not what I wanted to hear!!

Glad your home.. Wow 2 days only in hospital.. We can keep each other going being only a day apart.. Honestly tomorrow you will feel so much different than you do today, xx

I am two weeks out and feel completely normal...zero pain maximum mobility and full of beans...and the best bit ..my diabetes appears to have received reversed..the last time I took any diabetes medication was a week ago. Life is grand and I am sure you will both be in the same place as me next week.

Thank you Beegee I'm hoping I feel better soon I'm regretting my decision to do this at the moment but I'm hoping I won't when I feel better, can't tell my husband that as he didn't want me to have it done, so got to keep my pain and thoughts to myself for now ?

Midwife - Sorry to hear the wind is so bothersome. I guess I'm lucky that mine went a few days after surgery. I'm sure it will pass (haha!) soon enough. When you say you regret the op, please remember for the sake of your initial journey that it is not about your WLS per se, as it is just a side effect of the keyhole surgery, and not entirely linked to the actual procedure. As Beeg says there is lots of positive stuff ahead after the numerous challenges of the first few weeks after surgery. Pecker up x

The soluble paracetamol is fizzy, why not switch to Calpol sugar free...it's the same strength just gentler on the tummy.

I am two weeks out and feel completely normal...zero pain maximum mobility and full of beans...and the best bit ..my diabetes appears to have received reversed..the last time I took any diabetes medication was a week ago. Life is grand and I am sure you will both be in the same place as me next week.

Wow that is incredible! You must feel amazing x x

I agree with the calpol and I took it every six hours without fail. I also had codeine to take in between.

Thank you ladies, have switched to calpol, I slept really well last night which is a bonus. Just praying it gets easier soon x

Well feeling a lot better today, but have got a lot of water retention and normally I get it in my lower legs and ankles, however now it's everywhere and I weighed myself this morning and I'm back to my weight prior pre op so 11lbs heavier :(

It will go it's the body retaining fluid because it heals better when properly watered so to speak.
Just keep eating what they say and drinking lots of fluid. Glad you're feeling better.

X

It will go it's the body retaining fluid because it heals better when properly watered so to speak. Just keep eating what they say and drinking lots of fluid. Glad you're feeling better. X

Thank you :) I was getting quite worried xx

Cat, I'm glad your feeling better, having read lots of posts I think it is quite normal to put on quite a bit of weight during op due to fluids etc, but just remember it is not 11lbs of fat it is just excess fluid and you will soon pee that out. I'm feeling a bit better too have managed to release some wind!! (and had bowels open) sorry tmi. What are you drinking now? I managed just water and bovril yesterday going to try and get some slim fast or soup in today. Xx

Cat, I'm glad your feeling better, having read lots of posts I think it is quite normal to put on quite a bit of weight during op due to fluids etc, but just remember it is not 11lbs of fat it is just excess fluid and you will soon pee that out. I'm feeling a bit better too have managed to release some wind!! (and had bowels open) sorry tmi. What are you drinking now? I managed just water and bovril yesterday going to try and get some slim fast or soup in today. Xx

Sounds like your feeling much better :)

I'm drinking strained soups watered down with milk, oxo, tea, lots of water. I can tolerate strawberry slim fast but tried chocolate yesterday and it gave me pains in my stomach.. The forceval vitamins I was discharged with made me sick yesterday, gonna give them a miss for a couple of days and try them again.
The place where I'm getting the most pain at the minute is left side where the 2 bigger scars are and in my left shoulder. I am hoping that I do start peeing off this water soon, its a bit disheartening and concerning weighing myself to find I've put on 11lbs.. I was expecting a good weight loss, so was gutted when I got on the scales.
So nice to hear your feeling a lot better :)

Cat x

Back