• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only 7 days to go :)))

well you for just coming online! now go and rest.

Bless ya, it must feel a lonely time pet but be strong. It's great that you've already been walking. It must be agony but so brilliant that you are able too. Just think, this time next year you'll be a totally different Gal! Hope you heal soon pet. All the best to you. XXX

Day 2 post op and although I'm really tired the biggest problem is the trapped wind... Any suggestions on how to get it moving? Xx

Hey cat, bless you, I've not been there yet but have seen a few posts on other threads maybe do a search for 'wind' from what I can remember is move about as much as you can and 'wind ease tablets' hope it passes quick for you Hun x

Yay, your ok.. why 5 hours though? good luck with the trapped wind.

Yay, your ok.. why 5 hours though?.

Yeah, good point Beeg, why so long Cat hun? I was just over three as had a second op done at the same time ...

Glad you are doing OK. The wind thing is a pain - literally! It has eased for me now, probably from about week 8 ish. It kicked in about two days post op and they gave me painkillers. Didn't need them for all the rejigging that had been done, just for my f*rting! Can you believe ... Yes, I just walked up and down the corridor as much as I could.

congrats hun! glad your up and about and moving. As people have said forget that friend i too only told 3 friends and ive been lucky they have all been really supportive of our choice to have surgery. You dont need negativity x x

Thanks for all your kind words :) Mr Ahmed just said a few complications, and hernia repair.. Am feeling a lot better today, managed soup and a shake today, hopefully home tomorrow.

How did people manage with paracetamol post op? They initially gave it me iv, they tried me with tablets but I was too afraid to take them, then they gave me soluble but they are quite gassy and it hurt.. Some of the nurses are lovely but some are really hard xx

I am now day 2 post op, hoping to go home this morning, the dissolvable paracetamol making me gag so I'm going to try calpol at home, the wind pain is unbearable I think I am regretting my decision to have the op I am in soooo much pain, only managed to sip water and cold black coffee so far. Hope you feel better soon cat xx

The wind is a *****!! I'm still suffering 7 days on. Peppermint cordial does ease it but I couldn't stand the taste. Walking around, Swinging your arms, hot drinks, hot water bottles. Just a few things to try.

Hope you feel better soon.

X

I am now day 2 post op, hoping to go home this morning, the dissolvable paracetamol making me gag so I'm going to try calpol at home, the wind pain is unbearable I think I am regretting my decision to have the op I am in soooo much pain, only managed to sip water and cold black coffee so far. Hope you feel better soon cat xx

Mad midwife I was day 2 yesterday and felt the same as you.. They started me on soups and shakes, and I have just been discharged... Feel so much better now I'm home.. The wind pain is awful, worse than the op pain, I felt a bit of release when I had my drain removed.. I'm taking tramadol now for pain, and it seams to be working.. Really hope your starting to feel better soon, honestly tomorrow you will feel different again.. I was advised to sit on the side of bed with a pillow on my tum.. It really moved some of the wind around xx

The wind is a *****!! I'm still suffering 7 days on. Peppermint cordial does ease it but I couldn't stand the taste. Walking around, Swinging your arms, hot drinks, hot water bottles. Just a few things to try. Hope you feel better soon. X

When I had my band they gave me hot peppermint and codeine.. It was amazing!! I can't have it now though as its gassy.. Day 7, is it getting any easier? I'm only day 3 and still quite sore..xx

I had dissolvable paracetamol and the hosp also gave us nitrogen melts. The tablets just melt on your tongue they're great x

What worries me about the procedure (having just had my consultation) is that he says he'll have to remove a lot of scar tissue from an old stomach op scar. I'm beginning to think it may not be quite the walk in the park I thought it was guys.

I meant nurofen melts lol! Often when ppl have weight loss surgery the surgeon will repair things such as hernias and things but I guess scar tissues a bit different. Guess when u meet the surgeon again you'll find out x

I'm home now and sipping a slim fast all I've had since Thursday is water and coffee, so on top of being in pain I feel faint and in need of nutrition, I really didn't expect to be in so much pain, silly I suppose as it is a major operation, hearing I could still feel like this in seven days is not what I wanted to hear!!

Back