• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pains in stomach

smilergem

On my wl journey at last
Hi everyone
I am wondering if anyone can help me please? I am getting pains in my tummy, across the middle, not in the pouch area. Sometimes it is really sharp and uncomfortable, other times it is just constant.
It sometimes happens after I have eaten, but tonight, it came on for no reason. If I am sitting I have to lean back to try and ease it, but it doesn't really help. I take buscopan (for stomach cramps/wind), but that doesn't seem to help either.
I seem to get these attacks a couple of times a week, and they are painful, the one last night went on for hours.
I don't know if the gall bladder is in that area, sort of right across the navel area? or is it higher and to the right?
I would be grateful for any advice or help?
Thank you all very much

smilergem said:
Hi everyone
I am wondering if anyone can help me please? I am getting pains in my tummy, across the middle, not in the pouch area. Sometimes it is really sharp and uncomfortable, other times it is just constant.
It sometimes happens after I have eaten, but tonight, it came on for no reason. If I am sitting I have to lean back to try and ease it, but it doesn't really help. I take buscopan (for stomach cramps/wind), but that doesn't seem to help either.
I seem to get these attacks a couple of times a week, and they are painful, the one last night went on for hours.
I don't know if the gall bladder is in that area, sort of right across the navel area? or is it higher and to the right?
I would be grateful for any advice or help?
Thank you all very much

When I have gallbladder pain, I can feel it high up in my stomach area. The gallbladder is near the liver I think. The pain is quite sharp and constant and I feel it in the middle, maybe slightly to my left and also in the back at the same height. Nurofen used to help but I can't take that now post op.
The pain is horrible if you haven't got any efficient meds/painkillers.
Mine usually passes within 4-5 hours but I know these pains can last longer.
Hope this helps and hope it passes soon!!

Sorry our getting pains.

If I was you I would go and get it checked out at the doctors to be on the safe side specaily with christmas coming up.
Hope you feel better soon

Jo
xx

I am with Jo Jo here...
get it checked out jan....soon as possible..
or go to the A& E if the pain does not subside(being Sunday!)
Hope you feel better soon x x

Im with the others Jan, you need to get it checked out. It could be gall bladder or it could be lots of other things but dont leave it to get worse....you dont want to spoil your christmas :D Good Luck hun and let us know how you get on XX

Awww Jan... I was wondering if you were any better today.

Jan... my gallbladder pain was under the breast area and radiated around my back...

It was higher than the navel and felt like heart pain.

Darling please keep in touch and if we can help in any way, as always, at your side.

Alternatively, get straight to the A & E and get an immediate diagnosis... I wish I had done it this way rather than waiting.

Love you Jan xxx

Hope you get sorted and start feeling better soon xx

Thanks to everyone who replied to this, have been in bed sleeping on and off today, it doesn't seem too bad at the moment, but will give my team a ring in the morning first thing.
Thank you all,love you very much xxxx

Sorry to hear you're suffering Jan - could it be a hernia ? I agree with everyone else though - please go get it checked out. Take care, x

Jan sweety, it doesn't sound like a gall bladder pain. But please get it checked out darling. And where've you been? I've missed you!
Grace xxx

Hi Jan,

I've had you very much on my mind with your pain & please keep in touch. Hoping you get to the bottom of it and the pain can be relieved and sorted Angel.

Love and hugs xxx

Hi everyone, thanks again for your messages, especially Bev, as it is so comforting to know someone is thinking of me xxxx
Pain today is just a dull ache, as if I have been kicked.
Will be phoning my Team soon xxxx

Hi Jan, how are you doing? Have you managed to speak to anyone at Taunton?, thinking of you, lots of love Em xxxx

Thinking of you too Jan, I hope you have managed to get in touch with your team and it has put your mind at rest (HUG) XX

Hi Jan, precious, thinking of you as always... how are you tonight Angel...?

Love and humungous hugs as always xxx

Saw a post from Jan on Facebook and she got on okay today. Her team are not unduly worried and have told her if it gets any worse at any point to go to A and E. Jan says she has stuck to a lighter diet today and wa feeling better. Hope you don't mind me updating everyone Jan . Hope you are still feeling better x

Back