• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Prof Basil Ammori

Tina.W12

I've decided to go private, I'm to impatient for the NHS route, planning on Spire Cheshire with Prof Ammori. I found some old threads from 2009 recommending him has anyone had him recently?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I've heard lots of good things about him - he seems to be an extremely experienced and reputable surgeon who works both NHS & private.

I've decided to go private, I'm to impatient for the NHS route, planning on Spire Cheshire with Prof Ammori. I found some old threads from 2009 recommending him has anyone had him recently?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I saw him only last week. I was by-passed by him in mid March 2014. He's very nice and so are his team.

I was sleeved by him 4 weeks ago tomorrow. I've only met him the once - during the preop appointment - but I had no issues at all trusting him with my life and to do the right thing with my body.

GL on your journey sounds like you've found a great surgeon. I was sleeved at a spire hospital and cant tell you how great they were.

Thanks

Thanks Everyone, I've decided to go with Prof Ammori at Spire Cheshire. I want a bypass but will have to wait till February as I go on holiday to Mexico in January for my sisters birthday and don't want to struggle with food while away. :D

Does anyone know of the headline costs on his website include the hospital stays, anaesthetists, etc? Turns out my wife used him in 2008, and she paid 10k in total but the website currently says 8.5k.

I know I can ask them, but I want my first contact with them to be once I've explored the NHS option.

Thanks

Edit: finally found some text on the website that refers to the quote being inclusive of hospital, etc. however, not convinced the headline price is a quote - since you have to ask for one.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of the headline costs on his website include the hospital stays, anaesthetists, etc? Turns out my wife used him in 2008, and she paid 10k in total but the website currently says 8.5k. I know I can ask them, but I want my first contact with them to be once I've explored the NHS option. Thanks Edit: finally found some text on the website that refers to the quote being inclusive of hospital, etc. however, not convinced the headline price is a quote - since you have to ask for one.

As I am having my bypass at spire Cheshire, I have been invoiced by Prof ammori £4k and from spire £5150, total of £9150 which is the price quoted by spire. On prof's website it state from £8.5k and that is if you have your op at BMI Alexandra. Includes 2 year aftercare

Thanks Tina. That's great to know, for if the NHS funding is rejected (not that I have asked yet!).

Back