• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ali's Gastric Sleeve Diary!!

Hello lovely ones!

I've also bought a few fantastic books, my favourite one being 'ultimate gastric sleeve success' by Dr Duc Vuong which I am now reading for the second time. I've done so much research and I believe my mindset is in the right place and prepared for the future.

Just ordered the book too :) and another once called "Because I Was Fat: How I Lost 224 Pounds In 10 Months With Gastric Sleeve Weight Loss Surgery" Can't wait to read them.

Just ordered the book too :) and another once called "Because I Was Fat: How I Lost 224 Pounds In 10 Months With Gastric Sleeve Weight Loss Surgery" Can't wait to read them.

Ah I haven't heard of that one- I will go take a look now, thank you lovely :)

Ali :)

That book looks really interesting so I've ordered it too!

Hi Hun

Highly recommended the Ultimate Gastric Sleeve Success. I read it and seemed to put my mind in the right place for sleeve surgery. I was all over the place before!!

I will try and read the one that you've recommended too :)

Thursday is near xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Hun Highly recommended the Ultimate Gastric Sleeve Success. I read it and seemed to put my mind in the right place for sleeve surgery. I was all over the place before!! I will try and read the one that you've recommended too :) Thursday is near xx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Ah pleased your finding the ultimate gastric sleeve success book useful. I thought it had amazing amounts of information that realistically applies to us and it doesn't matter that it's American like many books that are hard to use sometimes.

Wow Thursday!!! Really excited and looking forward to reading how you get on and give advice if I can for the first few weeks post op.

Xx

Woo great post am a district nurse in derby and due to have surgery on 7th of August how long did u have off work x

Woo great post am a district nurse in derby and due to have surgery on 7th of August how long did u have off work x

I had 3 weeks off but was ready to get back to work maybe after 2weeks, very quick recovery really then planning meals. Came back to work last Thursday and was quite pleased to get back into a routine. On light duties at current- so injections and small dressings etc. it's more the fatigue. When I get back to the office (community nursing) at around 1-2pm I start yawning hah. Struggling to get enough protein in (currently around 40g a day) and I'm struggling with the protein powder after taste post op, so I'm getting my protein completely from foods. Hopefully this will increase when I move onto solid foods although I'm starting to try Turkey and chicken chewed up well.

X

Ahh good to know I've spoke with my clinical lead and will go back on light duties as start back at uni sept so mates gonna drive me so prob have office days for a few weeks as been told u have to be able to do emergency stop safety insurer say 6 weeks so mates gonna take me do you work in derby ?

Ah pleased your finding the ultimate gastric sleeve success book useful. I thought it had amazing amounts of information that realistically applies to us and it doesn't matter that it's American like many books that are hard to use sometimes. Wow Thursday!!! Really excited and looking forward to reading how you get on and give advice if I can for the first few weeks post op. Xx Ali :)

Thanks Ali - I would love some advice from you.

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hey Ali, I lost 2.4lbs this week which I'm happy with. Also changing onto more softer foods. Total loss is 1stone 4lbs in 3 weeks which would have been dream without the sleeve hah. Looking forward to next weeks weigh in. I'm now doing very gentle gym and gentle swimming. Ali :)

Fab! So pleased for you :) bet you never thought you'd be looking forward to weigh ins! How long do you go swimming for? That'll be my exercise of choice once I'm sleeved, too self conscious at the moment but would love to get back in to it x

Fab! So pleased for you :) bet you never thought you'd be looking forward to weigh ins! How long do you go swimming for? That'll be my exercise of choice once I'm sleeved, too self conscious at the moment but would love to get back in to it x

Did 45 minutes on Thursday but only breast stroke 12 lengths and treading water as I'm not really meant to swim until week 6. I swallowed some chlorine by accident and my tummy felt a bit funny. Also at the gym I did 10mins bike, 10min treadmill fast walking and 5mins rowing machine. Going to the gym Monday to Friday for half an hour or so just to start building my fitness from zero hah

X

Ahh good to know I've spoke with my clinical lead and will go back on light duties as start back at uni sept so mates gonna drive me so prob have office days for a few weeks as been told u have to be able to do emergency stop safety insurer say 6 weeks so mates gonna take me do you work in derby ?

You may be able to drive sooner but see how you go. I drove after 2 weeks but understand ref insurance. No I work in Lincoln and surrounding area.

4 weeks post op!

Today's weight: 12st 13.6
This weeks loss: 3.8lbs
Total loss: 1st 7.8lbs

Yay I'm in the 12stones!!! Very happy. Thought my monthly may have affected it this week but it was fine.

X

Well done!
Thank you Kar!

Congratulations on your weight loss :) I've really enjoyed reading your journey and drawn inspiration from you and your posts

Back