• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ali's Gastric Sleeve Diary!!

Hey lovelies,
I got home from Czech Republic tonight after my Gastric Sleeve operation last Friday.........

That means tomorrow is my One Weeeeek Post op!
I feel really well and happy, been trying to get as much fluid in as I can day by day and taking tablets absolutely fine (well reasonable sized ones anyway)

So far I'm tolerating- coffee w/ss milk, broth (no thick bits), watered down juices, also tried a fruit smoothie at the airport today and managed 100ml which went down fine- I watered it down a little and NAS Jelly which I enjoyed with it being a different texture to just fluids.

My provider suggested starting puréed next week but I think I will gently ease my self in with things like very runny blended veg mash and gravy and so how I get on and maybe increase to puréed. I understand each provider gets patients to follow different plans and lengths of each stage.
Doing my clexane fine myself although tomorrow is my last one- I administer injections at work but thought I'd find it scary doing it to myself but no I was absolutely fine-doesn't bother me.
I have one wound right in my belly button which is healing slower than the other 3 (4 in total). The other 3 are dry and healed-slightly red but no signs of infection. Suture removal on Tuesday and also have a patient discharge summary to hand to GP and request calcium chewables.

If there are any other questions you'd like to ask me then ask away, I'm happy to answer. Will update tomorrow with my one week weigh in!

Take care girls and guys,
Ali :) x

Ps. I ordered a Nutribullet Cherry Red tonight which I pick up on Saturday! Only have the cheap version and if you have it on for more than 10 seconds it starts to slightly smoke and smell burnt so I'm ditching that one.

Hello I'm an Ali too :) I'm looking in to having the sleeve, about 90% convinced it's the route to go down. Hope your recovery is going well and am here to sub x

Thank you Hun, I thought I was the best option for me and not regretting it. Hope your journey goes well and good luck, keep us informed Ali.

One week post op!!!

Surgery day: 14st 7.4lbs
Week one: 13st 10.6lbs
Weight loss: 10.8lbs

So happy with my first week! That has really kept me positive and excited for the future.

Shopping today for this weeks foody things.

Take care everyone,

Hi Ali :)

Yayayyayayay!!!!!!!!

You have done so well Hun. I'm so very proud of you and you must be feeling very relieved that it's all over and very pleased with yourself?

Slim times ahead girl!!

Can I just ask you, did you have to have clexane injections before the op or just post op?

I am counting down ATM doing pre op. Hope the time goes quickly as the waiting is a killer!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hello Violetangel,

Thank you! Yes the tough few days post op now feel soooooo worth it! Very very happy and excited for the future.

Also very excited to hear how your operation and post op goes.

Nearly nearly your operation, really will zoom along!

I had one clexane administered just before I went into theatre (huge bruise hah) then for a week after that. Just finished my last one today but no otherwise I didn't have any other than on the day of the operation. Your hospital may be different or possibly the same as mine.

Take care lovely and stay strong on your pre op diet.

Hello Violetangel, Thank you! Yes the tough few days post op now feel soooooo worth it! Very very happy and excited for the future. Also very excited to hear how your operation and post op goes. Nearly nearly your operation, really will zoom along! I had one clexane administered just before I went into theatre (huge bruise hah) then for a week after that. Just finished my last one today but no otherwise I didn't have any other than on the day of the operation. Your hospital may be different or possibly the same as mine. Take care lovely and stay strong on your pre op diet. Ali :) x

:) Thank you so much for your help Ali.

Yes it's getting nearer and I've already done a week of the LSD. It's been really hard but I'm sticking to it which is the main thing. It's much more difficult than I thought it would be, but I am trying to keep myself busy.

I will let you know how it goes Hun and in the meantime keep reading your diary for great tips and advice!!

Keep up the good work and take care of yourself lovely xx

Heyy!

Just a little update:

I'm doing really well and staying very positive. I faced a family bbq at the weekend and the smell of the burgers and sausages was absolutely beautiful but but but I only enjoyed the smell hah.
I had about 3 teaspoons of cottage cheese and was full- I'm learning the full sensation which for me is a pressure in my chest and burps. About an hour later I had a 2 teaspoons of natural yogurt when everyone else was having cake and trifle and I felt absolutely fine. I was so proud of myself. Not that I could have stomached any of it anyway without being very poorly.

I had my stitches removed today at my GP, handed over my discharge summary and got my prescription for adcal calcium chewables. My GP is also referring me to a dietitian just to keep me on track with food options and advice which was nice of him to offer. Felt very positive and supported when I left the doctors :)

Today's food/fluid intake:
B- 4 fruit/veg smoothie with my new Nutribullet 300ml
L- One soft poached egg (as full after that)
Snack- extra light cheese triangle
Planned Tea- few teaspoons of cottage pie (sweet potato and quorn mince)

Fluid so far- 1000ml flavoured water.
Later : 300ml skimmed milk 'options' hot chocolate.

2 week post op is Friday :)

Well done. It is so nice to be free from eating too much, isn't it?

Oh yes definitely, nice to not have that full bloated feeling like I've eaten way more than I should have. Very positive post op and even though it's not two weeks yet- I definitely do not regret this and I'm so pleased I had the operation

Ah so pleased for you; can almost see the smile as you posted, sounding very in control and that's what it's all about x

Struggling with head hunger yesterday and today but trying to fight it will having fluids instead. Think it's because I'm at home bored. Not back at work until next Thursday when I can get back into a routine and hopefully the head hunger will disappear or reduce.

Last edited:
Week 2 post op:
Weight today: 13 stone 5.8lbs
Loss this week: 4.8lbs
Total loss: 1 stone 1.6lbs (15.6lbs)
Lbs to goal: 68.8lbs

Very happy with this weeks loss :)

Doing fab :) how are you feeling today? Xx
I'm not too bad thank you but trying to learn when I am full. The past couple of days I've had one too many bites and I've come over all funny and been sick. Need to slow down and tune into the full sensations to know when to stop. Ali :) x

Go Ali xx

Go Ali xx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you lovely, looking forward to Friday's weigh in.

Nearly nearly your turn and I'm very excited for you and to read your journey :)

Ali :)

Thank you lovely, looking forward to Friday's weigh in. Nearly nearly your turn and I'm very excited for you and to read your journey :) Ali :)

Thanks Ali.

Good luck with your weigh in Hun.

I'm nervous but excited.

Counting down the days now!

Xx

How was weigh in day? Keen to see how you've got on! Xx

Hey Ali,

I lost 2.4lbs this week which I'm happy with. Also changing onto more softer foods. Total loss is 1stone 4lbs in 3 weeks which would have been dream without the sleeve hah. Looking forward to next weeks weigh in. I'm now doing very gentle gym and gentle swimming.

Ali :)

Back