• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions, Questions and more questions.

NickiB

I have so many questions, lots I will save for the surgeon. Bombard him I do hope he's a patient man :eek: If anyone could answer these that would be great it will stop my mind going into over drive...its a bed day for me today, I have usually got 5 pups to prevent me thinking too much ;)
What is dumping?
What foods cant you have again? Is it the same list for the sleeve and bypass? and apart from the re routing of bowel and intestines, is there any difference between the bypass and sleeve? Realistically how much loose skin can I expect? I would also like to know how drawn out the procedure is at Luton, ie: after your assessment day how long does it take?
I have taken my consent form in today for the doctor to send off my psych assessment from the mental health center and then they will send me an appointment, I am hoping they will bypass the whole day assessment as I have done it before and go on the psych assessment I did with the doctors. Maybe asking too much I know. Hope everyone is ok?

There are no foods you cant have again!Its an individual thing,what you tolerate,some cant stand milk,eggs,pasta,rice etc.You wont know till it happens.I dont eat eggs,bread or pasta like I used to.The difference between sleeve and rny apart from rerouting is the size/shape of the stapled stomach,and you dont get the malabsorbtion with the sleeve.
Skin is again an individual thing,Age,genes,elasticity and size all come into play.I know nothing about Luton but Im sure someone else will be along later!Maz x

My understanding of Luton is that you have to lose a certain percentage of bodyweight before you are put on the waiting list for surgery, think it's either 10 or 20%. this is achieved through doing the milk diet for as long as necessary, which can be tough going. You then have to maintain that loss until surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

where will i find out about the milk diet and what it instructs? can you do this whilst trying to loose weight? basically. since seminar i put on 10 pound!!! and then since the dietician and nurse meeting where they weigh you til now i have put on even more. its driving me mad. the hunger lol. i have got an idea or two from a list i saw on here, which to me is just healthy eating, such as breaky being 1 toast, lunch half pitta bread chicken and salad, tea chicken breast and veg. but just wondering about the milk diet and if people do it to help them loose weight to get to target. as i have to loose a stone before next appointment which i dont know when that will be. last appointment was sept so am guessing jan/feb. and would be nice to loose what i put on too. but its driving me mad its going up and up and not down lol x

3pt milk and 2 low fat yogurts daily

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

so thats all you have a day? 3 pints of skimmed? milk a day and 2 low fat yoghurts. standard sizes? i might try doing that for two days a week. and start to up it each week. might help even if i do it once a week until i start loosing and keep loosing. people think this is the easy way out. people who i know. but i tell you what i wish they could feel the day to day struggle that people really have! thank you so much so pleased i have found somewhere to ask questions and gain friends and advice. x x x

thank you for your advice, I just cant wait to get started shouldnt be too much longer now everything is in, I am hoping before Christmas it'll be done or at least have a date for surgery. I am so inspried by everyones success stories on here. Everyone is so friendly and non judgemental. Thank you all x

so thats all you have a day? 3 pints of skimmed? milk a day and 2 low fat yoghurts. standard sizes? i might try doing that for two days a week. and start to up it each week. might help even if i do it once a week until i start loosing and keep loosing. people think this is the easy way out. people who i know. but i tell you what i wish they could feel the day to day struggle that people really have! thank you so much so pleased i have found somewhere to ask questions and gain friends and advice. x x x

I have had well meaning advice and downright rude opinions, I have been 100% honest with everyone about what I am doing and most have accused me of cheating, the hoops I have had to jump through to get this far have not been easy, far from, but I am determined to go through with it despite the negativity I have recieved. Keep Strong and focused you'll make it :)

i agree with you even members of my own family have not been supportive so now i dont even talk to them much even more about this i dont tell them anything. even when i get it done. its my life my choice. not everyone gets like this with over eating there are many many reasons... but people just think fat and presume its cos we eat too much. but people drink and smoke and they cant just stop like that. some can i guess and some cant. some people have problems but people judge and i hate it.

some people keep saying you have lost so much keep at it. but its not that easy i feel like i have missed out on so much in life due to weight problems and if it was that easy no one would be obese or over weight so now i take it as pinch of salt and just get on with things. i know i am going to gain lots of new family members here. x x x

I could have either skimmed or semi milk but yes that's it...muller lites r ok!! When doing it properly your body goes through headaches and tiredness on days 2/3/4 ish but thereafter you come out the other side fine, just first few days r hard. Not sure if it would be as effective doing it for odd days? I lost 10lb in 12 days doing it x

wow thats a great weightloss. maybe i should just do it lol... but is it same to do it when not doing it jsut before surgery??? x will it put weight back on when i stop doing it. x i need to do something to give me the will power again x

I don't know Hun as went straight under knife....can't see if u did it and then did healthy eating after it could harm u?

The milk diet is not a weight loss diet, it's designed to shrink the liver prior to surgery. Most of the weight you lose is glycogen, which is stored in fluid in your liver. You will also lose some fat and muscle. L&D are the only uk hospital that use a milk diet (there are many variations) for an extended period to achieve weightloss, it is done under medical supervision, and followed by a special refeeding diet to prevent regain. To adopt a milk diet outside of medical supervision just for weightloss is foolish and dangerous.

If you need fast results, use a meal replacement like cambride/celebrity slim, slimfast etc, or Atkins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Its for shrinking your liver not weightloss girls,its too drastic to do until you are due surgery.Just go on a high protien low carb diet similar to Slimming World!You lose the glycogen from the liver on the milk diet and that makes it shrink.As soon as you stop it and eat normally the weight would come back as the liver grows and stiffens.

ahh right thanks for the heads up,. il stick to trying to change diet and eat healthy i thought it would go back on if i ate food. thanks everyone x

Go for it Kelly you can do it!! Set a thread up on here and post what you are having and if you feel weak! We'll all keep you motivated! Its so worth it!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

thanks hun x well so far today i just had weetabix and milk but it is only 9am so il have slice bread and 4 pieces of bacon fat cut off for lunch x

I ate for breakfast a bowl of porridge made with semi skimmed milk and lunch was a sandwich with cheese thinly sliced. 2 cups of hot blackcurrant. Kelly is there anyway we could set up a thread and gee one another up, we seem to be in the same boat. It may help. x

Sounds good! Thought about tea/dinner yet? X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Back