• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shopping...

You do not say which store it was. I now only use Debenhams so I hope it wasn't them. They were the only place I found that found my right size and gave good advice. When I lost 9 stone with my band I had no clue what to put my floppy ears in :eek: Debs sorted me out in no time.
You cannot beat a good bra and apparently most UK Women wear the wrong size. I stick to Fantasie, Fauve Freya and the odd Debenhams own brand now and find that a full cup underwired is what is best for me. A balcony bra gives me a bit of a jelly on a plate appearance lol
I source most of them off ebay brand new. Lots of good sellers with good feedback. Also, I wear them even at night, advice I got to prevent stretch marks as you lose weight and they droop.

The things we have to do lol

Good luck, and ps if you are a knitter look at ravelry dot com You can thank me later :p

Last edited:
You do not say which store it was. I now only use Debenhams so I hope it wasn't them. They were the only place I found that found my right size and gave good advice. When I lost 9 stone with my band I had no clue what to put my floppy ears in :eek: Debs sorted me out in no time. You cannot beat a good bra and apparently most UK Women wear the wrong size. I stick to Fantasie, Fauve Freya and the odd Debenhams own brand now and find that a full cup underwired is what is best for me. A balcony bra gives me a bit of a jelly on a plate appearance lol I source most of them off ebay brand new. Lots of good sellers with good feedback. Also, I wear them even at night, advice I got to prevent stretch marks as you lose weight and they droop. The things we have to do lol Good luck, and ps if you are a knitter look at ravely dot com You will thank ,me later :p

I used Debenhams yesterday and they were fantastic! Had but wait as they were short staffed but it was worth it and ended up with 3 new Bras! :) xx

Glad you got sorted. Its funny because it is not the first place that springs to mind but their training must be excellent. I tried couple of other places first including M&S. Disappointed with them.
Debs personal shopper service is brill too. I had my mother of the groom outfit in 20 minutes and that was 6 days before the wedding lol.

Glad you got sorted. Its funny because it is not the first place that springs to mind but their training must be excellent. I tried couple of other places first including M&S. Disappointed with them. Debs personal shopper service is brill too. I had my mother of the groom outfit in 20 minutes and that was 6 days before the wedding lol.

I saw that, if I'd had more time i would have went to it but think wait till I'm down another couple sizes! :)

If you live anywhere near London then there is a shop called Rigby and Peller (they are quite expensive but have a brilliant fitting service and a wide range of bras).

I would love to have a fitting here but there are expensive as they are the best, once weight is more stable I will treat myself, in the meantime it's Bravissimo for me. Got a tip the other day if you get boob flesh kind of gathering under your arm, measure under bust and then measure around boobs while leaning forward so they are at full stretch as it were, have no idea whether this works, I'll try to find the link

Thanks for the tips all. The place I had the bad experience in was House of Fraser. I still haven't got round to getting a new bra - I will need to very soon. I may go into Birmingham which is the nearest place that has a Debenhams and give them a try. I think I will ring first and check what cup size they go up to - I do not want a wasted trip.

TBx

They have a Bravissimo store in Touchwood in Solihull. Generally best to ring and make an appointment as it gets busy, explain you are post surgery and they may give you more time, good luck!

I tried this and I come out at the same cup size but a much smaller back. There is only one place that I can get that cup size and it is online and the cheapest bra is £50. I will ring them on Monday and see what they suggest. The Debenhams cups are not big enough unfortunately.

TBx

Oh blimey, I haven't tried it yet and mine are huge even when I'm slim.... :(

I Haven't tried it either yet but I am wondering for those who have lost a lot of weight this may give a false measurement. After my 9 stone weight loss my bags were still the same length but empty, if you get my drift. My cup size dropped dramatically and that includes rolling them up to fit :D
Sadly they look better with my regained weight than they did when I was thinner.

Ps looking for recommendation on swimsuits. Tried on my best one and the weight gain has ruled it out until post bypass. I am considering getting one with legs but the legs all look a bit short. I have seen some cropped Bohn swim leggings that look good but still would need a swimsuit. Sports direct have some Slazenger boyleg swimsuits that are really quite cheap in my size. But the boob area has no support whatsoever.

Anyone recommend anything? Holiday in less than 2 weeks :eek:

Weegie I got all excited seeing those in sports direct! But my boobs wouldn't even fit in lol xx

I use fantasie tankini from bravissimo

Thanks Kirsty and Kar8858, I am a big fan of Fantasie bras, as well as Fauve. Used to be all one company with Freya I think but don't quote me lol. The thing is, its only for one holiday as I get my bypass right after so would rather save the big bucks for then. I discovered if you go direct to the Slazenger website they have the same stuff for the same price as sports direct, only more sizes. Same web pages. Part of same company.
I guess I will be looking for an 18 or 20 since my weight gain so there should be enough choice around. Decathlon also has some nice stuff in their Aqua AEROBICS gear. Not looking for something to pose in but to exercise in the pool.

Back to searching lol

For Xmas there I was just a few months post op. I went to Bon Marsh and got a couple of swim suits in the same and wore a black bra under them.

B H S have some nice swim wear in, got two costumes the other day.

T B have you got sorted on the bras.

Back