• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sickness..5mths on...Do you always Suffer with it after a Bypass ??

emma-louise

my new life!!
hi there..

just got me thinking tonite..
im currently 5 mths post op,and my sickness has gotten a great deal better.
Tonite I am feeling sickly,not sure why I havent eaten anything to set it off.
But it just got me thinking,is sickness just something you have to live with throughout life after having a bypass?

In the beginning of my surgery I had to get anti sickness meds,luckily I still have some having to take one tonite,but it did make me wonder if its something you get used to living with,or does your body stop feeling sickly and when?
I do understand bad food choices causes sickness along with the dumping.
But can anything else make you feel sickly.

off to take my pill...:eek:

Like I said on the other thread Em, I do still get the occasional bout of nausea too. Mostly its because I've eaten something which didn't agree with me, but sometimes I don't know why.
I hope I don't suffer with it permanently....its horrible.

Hiya Emma-Louise,

Sickness is not the norm. It could be that you just got a little bug. However-any sick feelings in your tummy that last longer or are out of the norm really should be looked at.

At this point for you post WLS-you may still feel a bit tired or fatigued as your body dumps lots of excess/weight. But really feeling ill isn't the norm.

Keep a close eye on it. Have you had labs done yet?

Cheers,

i know grace,

the only way I can describe how it feels is being pregnant with morning sickness.
when i had my youngest I lost 2 stone throughtout the pregnancy I was so sick.
Luckily i didnt end up in hosp on a drip.

But now after this op,Im just finding food smells can set me off being sickly,and just feeling sickly for no reason.
hope it does end and your body just adjusts to a new way of life x

Hiya Emma-Louise,

Sickness is not the norm. It could be that you just got a little bug. However-any sick feelings in your tummy that last longer or are out of the norm really should be looked at.

At this point for you post WLS-you may still feel a bit tired or fatigued as your body dumps lots of excess/weight. But really feeling ill isn't the norm.

Keep a close eye on it. Have you had labs done yet?

Cheers,

hi again xx

my sickness has improved lots..
its just tonite,im just very sensitive to smells etc.
like if hubby is cooking an egg...ive got to leave the house..lol

i know grace,

the only way I can describe how it feels is being pregnant with morning sickness.
when i had my youngest I lost 2 stone throughtout the pregnancy I was so sick.
Luckily i didnt end up in hosp on a drip.

But now after this op,Im just finding food smells can set me off being sickly,and just feeling sickly for no reason.
hope it does end and your body just adjusts to a new way of life x

Hmmmmmmmm we have a lot in common Em!
I was the same and actually did end up in hospital over and over again whilst pregnant (3 times!) Food smells set me off too; I'm much more sensitive now, just like when I was pregnant.

Awww Em.,

I hope this isn't going to be a permanent thing for you Angel.

I'm experiencing a lesser breakfast (morning sickness) but by lunchtime, it's eased off... and it's to do with my breakfast choice of cereal I think... so it's a protein shake for me too... plus it's early days for me...

Which anti sickness pill were you given... ?

Love and hugs always Angel xxx

oh im so glad Im not the only one,
my hubby thinks im being dramatic when i leave the house when he decides to cook an egg or something with garlic..etc etc..the list could go on.

so I explained its like being pregnant again,im not dwelling on it,i just take my anti sickness pill and get on with.
what sickness pill do u have?

benrese,

thats interesting to hear about the patch,
not come across that,im hoping its going to wear of soon as its gradually gotten better.
at the start of the op i was sick everyday,now its once or twice a week x

I've had a few different ones Em. Maxalon, some others....they all work ok.

Have you had your iron levels checked lately? I get nauseous when I'm anaemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back