• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Size ?

chris2710

Having just tried on a load of clothes ordered from Crazy Clearance (I can recommend them if you haven't tried them) I have come to the conclusion I'm size 17!!!!! for trousers, tried on size 18 and found I could remove them without undoing them, but a size 16 is too tight for comfort, though I have kept a couple of the 16's to aim for :eek:. thankfully the tops I sent for were size 16/18 and these fit nicely, in fact got six t-shirts and one top for under £27, so that's me done till I shrink a bit more.:D

Well done Chris! x

nice one chris :) xxx

THat is great Chris I'm forever asking my daughter what she has for me to come into she buys loads of stuff and never wears half of them i'v had loads that still have their tags on. Iv never owned so much hand me down stuff i'm known as 2nd hand Rose in our family now, I have bought some tops in next but got a 22 but in George tshirts and stuff I can get 20. My hips and thighs are a different matter my jeans are 22 huge at the waist but ok on hips and thighs some makes almost into 20 comfortably some 22 are now too big so getting there and i have some 18 t shirts which are fine. I love the x catalogue store they have some real bargains in as well just pot luck as to what and when right time at the right place. xx Its a gud feeling to find that you'v dropped a size when we were used to going up 1. In Feb I got some new tops in Bonne Marche I tried the x large, tooo big, tried the large and was big but not tooo biig so I'm ok there but I refuse nothing thesew days have a bout 7 prs of jeans to come down into yet all new courtesy of my daughter xx enjoy xx

Got an urge to shop at the moment, but have to be careful not to get carried away, I have so many clothes in my wardrobe that are now too big that I didn't even get to wear. My daughter is bigger than me but isn't interested in her mother's clothes, except for some standard black work trousers. There really isn't anyone that I can pass them on to, so I wait for a charity collection and get rid of some then. Tried eBay but it didn't seem worth the hassle. Be glad when I stabilise and can buy clothes without worrying if I'm wasting money. Up to this point I have had clothes sized 20 - 30 in my wardrobe, being too scared to get rid of the larger one's in case I grew back into them. But now after surgery I'm busy making room for new purchases.

Yes I have given loads away in charity bags or even took them direct to the shop my wardrobe is forever changing the words I here most are "Mother what the hells that its hanging on you like a bag of *****chuck it out far too big for you," usually whenits something I like but am learning to be ruthless. xx It is difficult though but I'v found that things are quicker and easier to iron now that the sizes are smaller and thats a good feeling. xx

I'm afraid ironing doesn't come into my remit, I either try to select clothes that won't need ironing, or cajole my husband into doing it, (ex-forces, so he's better at it than me). He did give me a lovely compliment today though, I was standing looking in the mirror and asked him if he realised he married an apple, to which he replied he hadn't married an apple but a peach. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Hi

Am I the only one who is driven nutts by the difference in the size of clothes.

I have 2 pairs of trousers that both fit me exactly the same, 1 is a 46 inch waist and the other is 42 inch waist, how can they be so different, it's not like they are just a size number like with women's clothing where you know one shops size 12 is the same as another shops size 16, these are bog standard inches, which should be the same all the world over.

Sorry for the rant, I thought I was doing really well going from 50 inch to 42 in five weeks, when really I have only dropped to 46.

Paul

Hi

Am I the only one who is driven nutts by the difference in the size of clothes.

I have 2 pairs of trousers that both fit me exactly the same, 1 is a 46 inch waist and the other is 42 inch waist, how can they be so different, it's not like they are just a size number like with women's clothing where you know one shops size 12 is the same as another shops size 16, these are bog standard inches, which should be the same all the world over.

Sorry for the rant, I thought I was doing really well going from 50 inch to 42 in five weeks, when really I have only dropped to 46.

Paul

Hi Paul - I'm afraid it depends on how long you've had the trousers and the fabric they are made from. I have a pair of trousers that I've had around 16 years that fit me perfectly and another pair (two sizes bigger) that also fit perfectly. However if I went out to buy more in either of those sizes, they wouldn't even get passed the top of my enormous thighs!!!

Back