• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep apnoea concern

Fem is it your op tomoz?? Agggghhh!!

Thanks chyna, down side it's sparked my hormones off if you know what I mean :( xx

Fem is it your op tomoz?? Agggghhh!!

Thanks chyna, down side it's sparked my hormones off if you know what I mean :( xx

Yep it's today now :D. It's amazing how quickly these 3 weeks have flew by me. I hope your remaining three weeks do the same. You are doing amazingly well mazza. Well done :) i will leave a reserved sign on the bench for you xx

Glad it's gone well hun!

I'm on the end of day 11!!! Wow that's gone quickly! I'm dreaming of food most nights lol and always stuff that I never really used to eat.
Sticking to the diet fine and am down 10kg not weighed myself for a couple of days so will be doing that in the morning!

Never ending pre op

Well day 13 is half way through, still going strong. Have lost just under 2 stone, can't quite believe that but then I remember I'm eating yoghurt and drinking milk lol

Have had some weird dreams about cheese sandwiches and pizza.

This time in 3 wks I'll be 2 days away from my op.
I know this is right for me but I still get a panicky feeling whenever I think about it. I've never had an op or been in hospital so I guess my trepidation is expected.

It's only normal to have highs and lows at your stage.

Remember why you are doing it, and the success stories you have seen on here, yours will be the next one we all read about.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

It will be well worth it... My liver was perfect :) xxx

Feel like I have not only been kicked by a horse but also stampeded across lol. My fault really as I try and avoid taking painkillers as much as I can. The soluble paracetamol make me want to be ick. Hubby going to pharmacy tomorrow to see if he can get some liquid paracetamol. The were all shut by time I got home and my meds all made up at hospital before i had chance to ask for it.
Any way I'm home and feel so much better for being here :) xx

Aww you guys <3

Hope everything is going well Fem! And Mazza how are you feeling this weekend?
Xo

Much better today thanks chyna. Still tender but it is bearable and managing to get a good intake of fluids today which I think has helped a lot. Windy as hell though and sometimes it just won't budge :mad:

It's nice to be home fem, glad you're doing ok!

Thx chyna! I'm doing ok ty! 12.5kg down, 2wks down 3 wks to go!!

Amazing weight loss hun and your not halfway yet. The next three weeks will fly by now as your mind fixes on things to do in preparation of your up coming op. you go girl!!

Imagine how much you're going to lose before surgery, I bet your surgeon will be chuffed with how well you have done ;) I'll be joining you in 7 days!! Yippee

Much better today thanks chyna. Still tender but it is bearable and managing to get a good intake of fluids today which I think has helped a lot. Windy as hell though and sometimes it just won't budge :mad:

Aww I read about the gas pain being the most uncomfortable which is ironic given the procedure you've just been through lol. Have you managed to find something you can take for it? I'm glad your pain is bearable though, I've been absolutely terrified of the first few days after surgery for some reason so I hope it's not too bad. Excellent with the fluids! Apart from the 'expected' how are you getting on? You managing to sleep ok and walk around etc? My surgeon said I'll be up walking 2 hours after surgery and have to do 30 minutes a day.. I reckon I'll be miserable but I heard walking does help with the gas they pump us up with haha.. Sorry if too many questions!

Xx

Aww I read about the gas pain being the most uncomfortable which is ironic given the procedure you've just been through lol. Have you managed to find something you can take for it? I'm glad your pain is bearable though, I've been absolutely terrified of the first few days after surgery for some reason so I hope it's not too bad. Excellent with the fluids! Apart from the 'expected' how are you getting on? You managing to sleep ok and walk around etc? My surgeon said I'll be up walking 2 hours after surgery and have to do 30 minutes a day.. I reckon I'll be miserable but I heard walking does help with the gas they pump us up with haha.. Sorry if too many questions!

Xx

Yep movement is the only way to move it I'm afraid Chyna I pace the floor a bit, lean backwards, then forwards, then sideways until it finally gurgles off to another part of my anatomy.. This procedure is quite a sight in our house hehe
I'm not miserable with it is just uncomfy ..if I try ignore it and sit it out then I become miserable ;)

Hi all,

During the process of being referred I was told to get tested for sleep apnoea so my dr referred me and I was sent an appointment where I collected a finger monitor that I wore for 2 nights and then took back. Since then I've been to see anaesthetist who asked if I fall asleep at traffic lights, which I don't therefore he stated I've not got sleep apnoea. Now I had a phone call today to say that I'd missed 2 follow up appointments at the hospital ref: sleep apnoea test. Turns out they'd been sending letters to my old address. Now I'm concerned that they are going to tell me I've sleep apnoea and not do my surgery when planned? My appointment isn't until the 4th Sept and my op is due on the 9th. I'm not sure whether to attend the appointment or not.... Any advice welcome. Ty. Xxx

i would go to the appointment if your anaesthetist is happy with you then dont worry

I wouldn't worry too much mazza go to the appointment though .. That's a must. I have sleep apnea but I have never fell asleep whilst at the wheel so don't know why he said that too you. I truly hope that the appointment is to give you the all clear. I would also like to say it won't affect things if you are but I can't because the surgeon and team usually do like to see that you are compliant with the CPAP first before they go ahead... However you have had a fantastic weightloss in the past three weeks of the pre op and that may be all it takes to see you free of it so try not worry too much ;). ((((Hugs))))

I've tried to call through to see what it's about and got put through to the consultants secretary who didn't answer so have left a message on their voice mail. I don't want to get to the 4th and have to postpone my op and also have been doing this pre op for no reason :(

Back