• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep apnoea concern

Ooooohhh not too much longer now mazza ;) x

Hey girls!! 1wk and 6 days to goooooo!

My weight loss has slowed right down now boo hoo but have lost 2st 9lbs so far, am hoping will hit the 3stone mark by the weekend!
BH was rubbish - stuck at work lol!!

How you going fem?
Chyna, when's your date again hun?

Hope all is well xxxx

WTG mazza!!, three stone is a fantastic loss your liver is going to be so yummy for op day :). Weight loss does slow down Mazza as the body realises.. hey wait a minute this looks like its getting serious now.. And starts going into survival mode. Avoid the scales at all costs at this point because it can get very frustrating if they stay stuck .. If you are strong willed try avoiding them till the day of the op. They will only mess with the head ;)
I'm good hun ..one wound still quite tender but I honestly think I have sustained a bruised rib which is lying directly under it. Just two and a bit weeks away now from going onto soft food :) xx

The 10th of September the day after you I believe.. And my nerves are doing overtime! I started my pre op yesterday which is fine but it's my birthday next Monday so I'm a tiny bit peeved that I can't go to a restaurant like I usually do.. Just a lil lol. Any news from the doctors?
And glad you're ok too Fem :)
Xx

1wk and 5 days....

WOW! it's only 12days and 4hrs before I arrive at the hospital in anticipation!!

Fem - I hope it's not too sore! Make sure you're taking it easy and if the pains too bad get in touch with your doc! You've got enough to contend with as it is :(

Chyna - oooh the day after me!! I'm glad there's someone having theirs around the same time as me! I am very nervous too hun. Sorry about your birthday - but try to see it as a positive that you're no longer allowing your old ways to rule your life :) you will be able to do these things again hun I promise.

I've now lost 17.7kg (2st11) so it's moving albeit slower than the first couple of weeks - but hey I'm happy with that :)
Having to wear a belt on my jeans and trousers now - YIPPPEEEEEEEE :D:D

I've made a list of the things I need to buy or sort for my hospital stay:

1. Slip on slippers
2. Dressing gown
3. Cotton knickers (not sure where to get the big bloomers from!?!)
4. jogging bottoms
5. 2 x PJ’s
6. Dry mouth spray
7. A new hoodie would be nice (comfy for travelling in)

WOW! it's only 12days and 4hrs before I arrive at the hospital in anticipation!!

Fem - I hope it's not too sore! Make sure you're taking it easy and if the pains too bad get in touch with your doc! You've got enough to contend with as it is :(

Chyna - oooh the day after me!! I'm glad there's someone having theirs around the same time as me! I am very nervous too hun. Sorry about your birthday - but try to see it as a positive that you're no longer allowing your old ways to rule your life :) you will be able to do these things again hun I promise.

I've now lost 17.7kg (2st11) so it's moving albeit slower than the first couple of weeks - but hey I'm happy with that :)
Having to wear a belt on my jeans and trousers now - YIPPPEEEEEEEE :D:D

I'm fine hun its more than bearable ...I'm actually quite glad it's still a bit tender there because it acts as a reminder to me that I have had someone messin' with my insides and to take things easier ;)
Love your precise countdown anybody would think you are getting excited mazza :)

Chyna try and have a great birthday. It will be worth it hun .. Just think what you will be like on your next one :D

X

Wicked Mazza! You'll deffo have over 3 stones loss before the big day! I'm a lil jelous loool!! I'm glad your op is the same time too we can do this together :D
As for my birthday, you're both right.. It's definitely mind over matter with the food thing, you know when you're just so used to something? But then that's the point in all this.. To make a change, so I'm embracing it. Thanks ladies.. Plus to be honest this is the best 25th birthday present I could have ever imagined. And my pre op is going easier than I thought so all is well!
Oh Mazza I got my cotton undies from M&S!! They're super comfy, the hoodie and joggers you'll find on New Look's website, I'm sure you won't have a problem finding everything but I'm an online shopping junkie so if you need a hand I'd be glad to browse around for you. My lil suitcase is already packed and at the door.. I'm so sad loool.
Fem I'm glad you're ok but how ARE ya? Do u have head hunger or any hunger at all this soon out? Do you miss food yet and has your taste changed? I used to binge alot and it's only been since December that I managed to stop but I still battle alot with my head and I know I probably will forever. I'm surprised I'm not in a corner feeling sorry for myself yet doing this pre op thing :')
Xxx

Hi chyna .. No head hunger but more body hunger.. If I leave it too long between eating my blood sugar seems to dip and I feel giddy and sicky. I get over it my having a latte or similar to tide me over. If I ignore it I feel an empty pit in my stomach but I have no desire to satisfy it.. It's weird and hard to explain but I know these feelings well from my bad days when I would get to the late afternoon and realise that I was feeling like this because I hadn't eaten all day & then I would devour everything :eek:. I have no urges to do that now but I am well aware my tummy is hungry so I either have my meal if its due or get a drink of milk & I'm sorted. I am missing different tastes and textures now as my liquid diet is starting to get boring. Just two weeks to go :)

Hi chyna .. No head hunger but more body hunger.. If I leave it too long between eating my blood sugar seems to dip and I feel giddy and sicky. I get over it my having a latte or similar to tide me over. If I ignore it I feel an empty pit in my stomach but I have no desire to satisfy it.. It's weird and hard to explain but I know these feelings well from my bad days when I would get to the late afternoon and realise that I was feeling like this because I hadn't eaten all day & then I would devour everything :eek:. I have no urges to do that now but I am well aware my tummy is hungry so I either have my meal if its due or get a drink of milk & I'm sorted. I am missing different tastes and textures now as my liquid diet is starting to get boring. Just two weeks to go :)

Thanks you've definitely put some post op nerves at ease. The fact you don't want to satisfy that hunger is the feeling I'm looking for haha.
The empty pit feeling is all too familiar to me with my past eating problems but I'm glad that's easy to deal with too. Are you finding all the vitamins ok and walking around etc.
Yay onto the mushies next.. It's gone by so quickly!
Xx

:) ..No vitamins yet they come soon according to Mr Stuart. I'm sure he said 4 or 5 weeks time. X

I am really really struggling at the moment. My head keeps telling me to eat something, I'm not losing weight at the moment and its making my head think 'well sod it' its so blooming hard. I've not eaten anything for 25 days now. Let me stress I'm not going to cheat! But my head keeps telling me I've got time to recover from a salad or some veg. It's crazy what your head does to you when I'm effectively on the home stretch. I'm probably rambling now but I need to voice what's in my head :(

Ur doing so well Hun keep going! Sodding heads they do make life difficult! Lol ur doing amazing and will b so worth it! Rooting for u! X

I am really really struggling at the moment. My head keeps telling me to eat something, I'm not losing weight at the moment and its making my head think 'well sod it' its so blooming hard. I've not eaten anything for 25 days now. Let me stress I'm not going to cheat! But my head keeps telling me I've got time to recover from a salad or some veg. It's crazy what your head does to you when I'm effectively on the home stretch. I'm probably rambling now but I need to voice what's in my head :(

Hang in there hun and try not weigh yourself again until op day as it can really mess with the head especially when things look like they are slowing down. Keep active and busy when food or bad thoughts sneak in there. Look at the inspirational pictures section on here and think about where you will be in a years time then go look around the shops or online at the clothes you may well be wearing then too :drool: ...It worked for me. :)

Thanks ladies, feeling better today. Scales have shifted a little. 18.1kg down. Can't not get on scales :( but feeling ok again today. Xxx

I'm gonna come to your house and hide those scales :p
WTG hun!!! You will be there by op day ...Not long now and now that we are in the month of September it will be here before you know it :) xx

Lol Fem!! Don't do it!! I need my fix!! Ha ha!

Got mrsa testing today.
Pleased to report I've actually not weighed myself today! Woo! Lol. X

Good Girl :p x

Back