• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So upset with provider :(

Haha i think this particular woman would know exactly who i am but lets just say miserable is spot on.x

Hi daisy happy,

I no how desperate you are feeling to have the op, trust me I have been there. But and this is a big but, you have to feel confident in your provider. This op is a big deal and you need to no that you will be safe and cared for to the highest standards.

Please, please consider getting a refund and come to England to have the surgery. I like several others went with the WLS group and have only positive things to say, and they are really reasonably priced with an excellent aftercare package.

Maybe someone on here that lives in one of the relevant treatment areas could put you up to keep costs down? You could use a budget airline? Surely these are options that are worth considering. They did my op within a month of my first enquiry, so you wouldn't wait long.

If you decide that you want to continue with the op, then phone the company and ask to speak with either the surgeon or another member of the medical team that will be looking after you to help ease your concerns. The other alternative is companies generally offer for you to be able to contact people that have already had surgery with them, to get a patients perspective.

Good luck.

Julie xx

The £7000 you have paid is for the full service and maybe if you call the surgeon and tell them personally you want a refund they will do something about the stupid woman :( they definitely will know that word of mouth is very important for their reputation and no way will they want it slurring , i think they will try to reslove it for you as soon as possible as their lifehood depends on people paying for their service as you believed you would get :) if they refuse to refund or sort it out threaten them with papers and ombudsman they'll soon back track

Thanks for the lovely message Julie, honestly i feel so blessed to have found this place and be able to voice my concerns, rant and rave, ask questions etc and actually get replies!

I keep wishing i could pick up the phone and tell her Im finished with them, I've heard only good things about wls and to be honest i wish i had looked more into them. A lovely Irish woman on here actually warned me about thg game i feel so stupid for not listening!

I know i seem nuts to go ahead with them but the op is scheduled for tomorrow and I've wanted it for so long and i know i might sound money mad but that's not it, Im just terrified of losing what I've paid as Im far from flush.

Oh i really do hate to be so negative and don't get me wrong Im really excited about finally getting my band and changing my life.x

i had mine with gravitas Doughie but through nhs and they were brilliant couldn't fault them at all xx

Good luck, I'm sure everything will be fine and you will be back home before you know it band in place and ready to face a bright future.

Julie xx

Ok so she rang me there and went through loads of stuff with me, my nurse appointment is booked for next week, my dietition appointment organised and my first fill in six weeks.
Im feeling a lot better about things.

Thanks so much for giving me a place to vent.
Op tomorrow, Im all set i just got all my liquids in for next week!

Im going to stay positive and hope for the best with thg.
I know it may seem like i asked for advice then ignored it all, i do take everything everyone said on board and i think you're all little super heros!x

oh well done that's great :) good luck tomorrow and i'm sure it will all be fine xx don't forget to let us know how you get on :)

good luck for tomorrow honey :) xxx

Sorry to hear about your experience - the woman sounds terrible!

Good luck for tomorrow x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

i think i would be sending a very strongly worded letter about how unproffessionaly you were treated hun xx

Hi Daisy, I replied to you previously as I'm from Dublin and went with THG. If its any consulation to you the operation and hospital care I had in The Priory in Birmingham was excellent. Don't worry at all about that part of it. Other than that I have not had a good experience with THG. My advise to you is to keep after them for what you need as they will not contact you.

I have recently contacted The Beacon Hospital in Dublin to see if they can provide aftercare ie fills and dietician.

I'm not going to go on as you are probably nervous about the surgery anyway. I wish you the best of luck with it and you'll be home safe and sound before you know it.

Good luck Hun. ;-) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back