• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So worried feels like I'm pigging out

brad scott

Ok so I'm nearly 6 months post op and I feel fantastic lost 10 stone never been happier BUT!!!!! And there always is one I feel like the past few days I have been pigging out all of a sudden I noticed I was eating biscuits and not dumping and other things like crisps etc I haven't had any urges till now so what's happened to me I'm scared that I'm changing has anyone else been thro this I'm also getting sick of the gym I was enjoying so much but now it seems like a job not something I want to be doing even tho I haven't out any weight on I think it's all in my head

I'm only four weeks out but know enough about sabotaging weight loss ( from experience) to know you need a good talking to and so I'm going to tell you to get a grip!!
People hunger does return so if yours is back your going to have to use your will power. You have done brilliantly till now by respecting your pouch, so don't go 'testing' it now.
If you want a biscuit fine. have two on a Friday night for your treat. or have your crisps then, but don't be doing it every day. They are nutritious enough for you. Remember-your body is a temple now.
If you can't face the gym leave it off for a few days-but go for a big walk instead.
remember the rules of the pouch and get that protein in to fill you up-and don't be drinking with your meals.
And finally work out some coping strategies. Coming on here is a great one, and there are various good books. Emotional First Aid for WLS is a good one, and is quite cheap on Amazon.
You can have treats-but they are that, not something foe everyday.
I've been watching your progress in awe. You've done brilliantly-and will continue to.

Brad, the gym is boring after a while. My suggestion? Mix it up, get into some classes. Me and my hubby enjoy 'body combat' (no hitting people in this lol), aquafit (my hubby's the only man and a none swimmer but he enjoys it (its not a wussy option) and next to try is Tai Chi. Body pump involves weights, RPM cycling.... Give something new a go!

As for the eating, i'm with you all the way. Struggling big time with the demon sweet tooth!

Refocus, decide what your goal is weight wise and break it down into smaller achievable goals. Whether it's fitness or diet.

You can do it, we're all behind you xx

Thanks for your advice babe I will take it all on board just finding it hard at the mo u saying your struggling with a sweet tooth what sort if things are u eating

brad were only human, but think of what has been invested in you by the nhs and you have repaid them with what you have achevied; try and refocus you can do it xxxxxxx

Brad, if you are struggling, try going back to basics, do a few days fluids, the sloppies etc, hopefully by the time you get back on harder foods you'll have sorted your pouch out. Going back to basics and sticking to the pouch rules may help.

Thank u guys but I am feeling slot better 2day I've given my self a stern talking to about the last few days and told my self not 2 be so hard on my self

Hi Brad ... You'll bounce back sweetheart ! its great that you recognise your downfall and you can address it ... that takes strength ... be kind to you ... also , an audio book on your ipod will work wonders , you could walk until the end of a chapter .... and if you get a good book you'll keep going!!worth a try. good luck love , but you dont need it xxx

I feel so strong 2day even tho I pigged out I've lost a pound since Saturday so happy and I've started drinking loads of tea I hated tea before and coffee strange anyone else had a similar thing with things before and after surgery

lol, i also got the tea bug post op. rarely drank hot drinks before the op but i think that now i can't drink fizzy full sugar pop and am not keen on sf cordial that tea has become my favourite option. I've just nagged hubby into the kitchen to make a brew as i type !
it also helps as a pouch filler if i feel like snacking

Back