• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sunderland royal

michelle1964

has anyone had there appointment cancelled mine has gone from the 12Th march to the 20Th august:cry:i might of been on a waiting list now if appointment hadn't been cancelled :mad: keep phoning up for a cancellation but dont think i have a chance

I'm afraid a few sunderland patients have had their appointments postponed lately. That's such a long wait but your time will come hun x

Yes i keep reading the amount of Ops that are being cancelled at Sunderland..what is going on up there?!

I could be wrong but it doesn't seem to me, that it's the ops that are cancelled, but other appointments.

I read on here that if you don't get your op within 6 months of going on the waiting list, the PCT gets a fine. Maybe that has something to do with it, or maybe it's because we are very close to the end of the financial year.

No consolation I'm afraid , but possible reasons.

I think they're trying to book all of the appointments in advance so as soon as you've had one appointment you immediately get the date for your next appointment which will happen about 6 months later. But its meant that a lot of people who already had dates got them cancelled (sometimes more than once) so quite a few unhappy people! In theory, once the system works it will be good as lots of people complain about not knowing when their next appointment will be but it clearly isn't working yet x

has anyone had there appointment cancelled mine has gone from the 12Th march to the 20Th august:cry:i might of been on a waiting list now if appointment hadn't been cancelled :mad: keep phoning up for a cancellation but dont think i have a chance
yes i had a few cancellations a long the way. After my op in August my first post op app. was for 15th dec which was my xmas party nite couldnt get to SRH n back get ready and out for the night so had to cancel next app. was Feb when we were away for a family short break for mam and dads golden wedding so had to change to week after then i got a letter it is now going to be May so my 1st op after op i will be 9months post op then i expect i have no vitamin deficencies. so for all they do alot of gud work still hit difficulties but its all worth it in the end. xx

I have had 2 cancellations so far, my appointments were for the 3rd of April then the 6th of June, now I have another one for the 3rd of October, To see Mr Mahawar. all for SRH. Its so annoying because you have to loose the weight what they ask of you. you feel like its never ending. but at least we will have the summer to try and loose it. good luck Michelle I hope you get sorted soon

By the sounds of it, I am glad I moved to Nottinghamshire.

Was on the list up in Sunderland over a year ago when I lived up there. Had group session in November 2010 and was due to see the nurse March 2011 but had moved by then. I do seem to recall at group session that they said the waiting list for surgery was over a year

I had my op in november in Sunderland and my post op check was for 6 june but Ive recieved a cancellation letter and a new date 4 april so I am very happy I felt june was too far along to check everything was ok after my op. X

Last edited:
got me feeling sick now my app is 30th april had no word yet to say its canceld but i had my nurse app put back twice so my luck i can see me been put back. from fed up christine

christine1957 said:
got me feeling sick now my app is 30th april had no word yet to say its canceld but i had my nurse app put back twice so my luck i can see me been put back. from fed up christine

Your app should be ok if you've not already recieved a cancelation letter they usually give plenty notice if its been change. What stage are you at? X

Hope you stay on that date it is annoying when they get cancelled gets you really disheartened. Will come round eventually should be getting bit better because other hospitals in my local area are now carrying them out as well pleased i had mine at Sunderland though was visiting in Darlo the other night and it wasnt as nice as Sunderland but might be easier for me to get outpatient app there for follow ups hopefully xx

i have seen the nurse told no need to loose weight as i had lost over a stone since group meeting this app is to see surgeon on the 30th april i have had 2 app put back but thay were for the nurse so im hoping this app goes ok x

Back