• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgicare

ickle pickle

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just starting my WLS journey.
I have an appointment this Saturday with Mr Khan in Birmingham through Surgicare. Has anyone been banded by him, if so are you able to give any feedback?
I'm excited and nervous all at the same time, also scared to death lol

Love
Paula xx

Hi Paula and welcome to the forum xxx

Hi Paula and :welcome: to WLS........Im a pre-op bypasser so I cant help with any advice just wanted to say H1 :D x

Hiya

I went through surgicare for my band, but had a different surgeon. I had Mr Ammori. I speak quite highly of Surgicare though, (I went to the Manchester one, but I'm sure barbara said they dealt with all patients from Birmingham & London)

Hello and welcome. I am a NHS patient and was bypassed by Mr Khan (bows at the mere mention of his name) in June of this year. Am very pleased with my results so far.

Can i ask what made you pick a band rather than a bypass?

I do believe one of our members Cah-ching was banded by Mr Khan privately, you could nip onto the word association thread for 10 minutes to build your posts up to 50 when most privileges kick in, you could perhaps message her then although she isn't on as much as she used to be :(

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions you may have x

Hello and welcome. I am a NHS patient and was bypassed by Mr Khan (bows at the mere mention of his name) in June of this year. Am very pleased with my results so far.

Can i ask what made you pick a band rather than a bypass?

I do believe one of our members Cah-ching was banded by Mr Khan privately, you could nip onto the word association thread for 10 minutes to build your posts up to 50 when most privileges kick in, you could perhaps message her then although she isn't on as much as she used to be :(

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions you may have x

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the reply, I've gone for the band because I don't like the idea of having something done that isn't reversable, just a personal choice i suppose. I have had a quote today from Cosmetic Bliss who have recommended a sleeve which is similar to a bypass i believe??
How are you finding life post op?

Paula xx

Hi Paula

I'm absolutely fabulous post op, thank you for asking! My bypass loves me very much and i love my bypass enormously, we have a mutual admiration thing going on :)

Life post op is mostly like most pre op but without the wait for life changing surgery. My life has changed dramatically already. I'm 3 months out and off my metformin for my diabetes. Three stone something down and am feeling wonderful. Recently started walking and have discovered i love it almost as much as i love chocolate (unfortunately for me i still love it, i just don't have it). This week i've done 2 x 3 mile walks and been line dancing one evening and all since Monday! I'm amazed how quickly i've felt so absolutely fantastic, i can't begin to imagine my life this time next year...

On the day of my surgery Mr Khan asked if i wouldn't rather have the band but i refused having listened to people's accounts on here on how much willpower and determination is still needed with it. If i had willpower and determination i wouldn't have weighed in at almost 21 stone now would i?

I think Mixxy on here had the sleeve and he has done absolutely marvellous with it.

If i could give anyone one piece of advice i'd say research every option then imagine money is not a deciding factor and honestly say which one would you go for in that case....

Good luck with your decision xxx

Back