• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who was your surgeon?

kellsbells

I guys I'm going with THG and looking at a date with a mr Li anyone else been banded by him? Just go my pack through the post excited and scared its a lot of money!! Xxx

A few people on here have been banded by him, am sure someone will be along soon to help you out and give u any info you may need - BD x

Sorry, never heard of that surgeon. Mine was Khurshid Akhtar!

Good luck on your journey x

I was banded by Mr Li. Only saw him at the time of my procedure but I have been very happy throughout. Let me know if you'd like me to answer specific questions.

coppernob1971 said:
I was banded by Mr Li. Only saw him at the time of my procedure but I have been very happy throughout. Let me know if you'd like me to answer specific questions.

Thank you That's really nice I'm sure I'll have lots of questions I'm just going through the omg am I doing the right thing stage I'm reading so many things about people nor feeling restricted or not happy I'm having second thoughts :-( looking through diaries at the mo xx

Hi is it mr alan li? Only ask coz thts my surgeon but was banded at spire manchester but i kno he works elsewhere too? Charlie xx

charlie87 said:
Hi is it mr alan li? Only ask coz thts my surgeon but was banded at spire manchester but i kno he works elsewhere too? Charlie xx

Yes Hun wish I could go to Manchester as it nearer but hey Jo was everything on with yours? How have you been since? Does he fill the band during surgery? Sorry for amount of questions xx

Its ok hun ill answer anything i can for you. Mr li is absolutely lovely i had the choice of 4 surgeons at the spire andvi chose him and im very very happy i did. I was sooo nervous for my consultation but within a couple of minutes i felt like id spoke to him 100 times before and felt so at ease with him so much so tht i didnt feel nervous for the op at all i instantly knew i was in safe hands. I was booked for surgery 11 days after consultation was banded on the 14th august. He put 4ml in the band whilst i was under, my scars are very small and neat and are healing brilliantly. My surgery was 8.30am mr li came to see me at 6pm that day and told me if i felt well enough he was happy for me to go home the same evening so i was home for 10pm tht nite. Im not sure this will b the case for everyone he was aware tht i have had surgery 7 times in the last 3 yrs due to health problems so i come round from anesthetic really fast and was up and about an hour after returning to my room obv not everyone is the same as me most ppl sleep it off the rest of the day and feel groggy i must be the bionic woman or something.
Sorry its so long just wanted to try tell u everything i can think of. Hope this helps charlie xxx

charlie87 said:
Its ok hun ill answer anything i can for you. Mr li is absolutely lovely i had the choice of 4 surgeons at the spire andvi chose him and im very very happy i did. I was sooo nervous for my consultation but within a couple of minutes i felt like id spoke to him 100 times before and felt so at ease with him so much so tht i didnt feel nervous for the op at all i instantly knew i was in safe hands. I was booked for surgery 11 days after consultation was banded on the 14th august. He put 4ml in the band whilst i was under, my scars are very small and neat and are healing brilliantly. My surgery was 8.30am mr li came to see me at 6pm that day and told me if i felt well enough he was happy for me to go home the same evening so i was home for 10pm tht nite. Im not sure this will b the case for everyone he was aware tht i have had surgery 7 times in the last 3 yrs due to health problems so i come round from anesthetic really fast and was up and about an hour after returning to my room obv not everyone is the same as me most ppl sleep it off the rest of the day and feel groggy i must be the bionic woman or something.
Sorry its so long just wanted to try tell u everything i can think of. Hope this helps charlie xxx

Aww thank you so much sorry you have had to have so much surgery but it's good that you recover quick like I said I work in an operating Theatre I see people go to sleep and wake up every day and each one is so different thanks again hun I read that you were having some pain between shoulders sounds like wind I suffer terrible hope your 100% soon xx

Just hope ive helped any nerves a bit tht u have! No the pain was a trapped nerve i ended up going to a+e with it had some diazepham and was fixed pretty soon afta haha! Got a good nites sleep too : D ive felt fine since surgery nothing that i didnt expect anyway feeling good and positive definately the best decision ever and ive not even weighed myself yet haha good luck with ur surgery look forward to keeping in touch only 4 ppl kno about my band so dont get to spk to many ppl except you lot on here xxx

charlie87 said:
Just hope ive helped any nerves a bit tht u have! No the pain was a trapped nerve i ended up going to a+e with it had some diazepham and was fixed pretty soon afta haha! Got a good nites sleep too : D ive felt fine since surgery nothing that i didnt expect anyway feeling good and positive definately the best decision ever and ive not even weighed myself yet haha good luck with ur surgery look forward to keeping in touch only 4 ppl kno about my band so dont get to spk to many ppl except you lot on here xxx

Awww thank you will defo be around for a while going to start a diary soon too excited! Xx

I was with THG - i had the option of 4 surgeons from what I remember but date wise it all worked out best with Alan Li. My surgery was v straightforward - I had 4mls put in on the day and I'm now at 7ml after two fills. I have lost about 2.5 stone since I started pre-op at end of May. Very happy and feel a lot different. It's definitely a reeducation process in terms of eating - particularly now as my restriction is getting there - but I guess I wouldn't have been in this position if I had been eating "normally" for most of my adult life. I've still got a long way to go but as they say, it's a marathon not a sprint. I didn't have much post op pain btw and was back at work after one week. It is a big decision but for me it has been worth it so far. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! x

thank you so much after reading so many negitive things i have found some really positive and think ill defo be going through with it! thanks again xx

Back