• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi everyone - consultation with david hewin on saturday...

amycate

Hi everyone! My names amy and i live in bristol- have a consultation on saturday- eek! Can i ask if anyone has feedback about mr david hewin? Cant find that much info on him in forums...

Am excited but also nervous! As i'm sure everyone feels, scared it will end up as another failed diet...am so tired of yoyoing!

Anyway - would be great to talk to some people...

Amy x

Hello and welcome to the site..I'm sorry can not help you but there will be others on later who can xx

Wot eva happens am sure it will go well I'm not from your area so don't know the doc if he's as good as mine then he'll be fab. Stay positive and all will be fine xx

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'll do a few more searches for mr hewin. Applied for a loan today - wish me luck xx

amycate said:
Hi everyone! My names amy and i live in bristol- have a consultation on saturday- eek! Can i ask if anyone has feedback about mr david hewin? Cant find that much info on him in forums...

Am excited but also nervous! As i'm sure everyone feels, scared it will end up as another failed diet...am so tired of yoyoing!

Anyway - would be great to talk to some people...

Amy x

Is this with hospital group? I had my consultation 3 weeks ago and date booked for 3rd may - loan came through, really hope it is as straight forward for you! I am with mr sigurdsson

Hi! Thanks for replying. Yep, with the Hospital Group. Got quite a low credit rating so have applied to my local credit union - have almost all of the money, just £1500 short. We will see! If I get it I'm almost certainly going ahead. Eeeek!

amycate said:
Hi! Thanks for replying. Yep, with the Hospital Group. Got quite a low credit rating so have applied to my local credit union - have almost all of the money, just £1500 short. We will see! If I get it I'm almost certainly going ahead. Eeeek!

I was like that, so got a loan for the final bit. I was really lucky that I managed to get it cheaper by saying I would take a cancellation. So you never know! Sarah is lovely, she will go through all the finances with you. Why did you choose hospital group? Which op are you having? I chose them as I thought I would have the bypass in their hospital near Worcester but they don't do the bypass there. Mr sigurdsson does it in Telford. Still, it's under 2 hrs from home, would have preferred more local though.

Hey hun, he did my band!
I thought he was really nice and did an amazing job with my stitches. You honestly wouldn't know I've scars at all. I have a friend whose mother had a band years ago in a different company and different surgeon, she got a fill and needed a defill but the company had gone bust. It was a very scary experience for her and was the main thing hanging over my decision to have a band. I said this to him in my consultation and he assured me that if anything ever happened to THG that he would personally make sure i was looked after.
Can't fault him.x

Thanks so much to all of you. Chose Hospital Group because of price, and because they have a 6 month surgical guarantee...and because they have a Bristol clinic for fills. Going to a local support group on Sunday to find out more. Have looked at soooo much stuff online, I just want to get it done now!! Think I'll be booking for late May as have a holiday mid May and would hate for there to be any complocations while I was away. Thanks again for responding. xx

I had my bypass at Gloucester royal and originally Mr Hewin was my surgeon,in the end I had Mr Higgs for my op as I was slotted in on a Saturday. I saw him for all my pre op appointments and he is lovely. I have 2 friends who have had him for their sleeves, they sing his praises from the roof tops. Good luck hun xx

Thanks so much - that's good to know. The only worry I have is about the after care. Have read some bad stuff about them online. They are alot cheaper and more convenient than the others though, I suppose I'll just have to be prepared to get my support in forums/groups!

Hi tried to reply last night but said it had to be moderated?! hope thg are okay - read such mixes reviews...wls look good but do they have surgical guarantee? And no clinics near me...looking forward to tomorrow!

Great news Amycate! So scary to think that it can be so quick once you have made the decision! Are you having the bypass? Do you have to go to Telford? Did you get a good deal?

Hello! Having band at dalton park.been thinking about it for ages and done lots of research so doesnt feel too soon...but still can't believe its happening. Feel happy...although a little guilty about spending so much money....sure it will be worth it though

I had my band done 15th march at Dolan park! Chose there because I live ten mins away from it! My scars are almost clear now and have no pain what so ever! Even back to sleeping on my front! Have my first dietician app ( by phone ) next sat and my first fill end of April! I don't know your surgeon as I had mr siggurdson! Think that's how u spell it! Good luck with your surgery! I have already lost over a stone and I'm only ten days post op!!!! X

Back