• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Cramps after cups of tea, milk etc

Andrea73

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice. I've notice recently that when I have a cup of tea or 2 with milk or even just have a cup of milk that I get crampy pains in my stomach. These are usually like windy pains.

Has anyone else had this or what do you think it is??

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

oooo didnt want to read and run, hopefully someone will be along to advise sooon, sounds like the milk hey hun, all the best x

I get windy pains on and off Andrea but not after milk as i seem to tolerate that very well. I sometimes find i get wind if i've drank a lot of fluid before eating. If your pain is relieved when you pass wind( i'm polite today hee hee) then i would imagine its nothing to worry about. I would keep an eye on it and if at all worried call your team they have always been very reassuring to me. Hope the pains stops soon big hugs x

Hello there

Do you have a dairy allergy perhaps??? The fact it was when u drunk the tea and coffee either suggests its the milk or caffine.... (just thinking out loud here)

All the best - MeJulie xx

Developing a lactose intolerance is quite common post op, and sometimes it is only temporary. Google lactofree and have a look at the info on their website, it tells you how to spot if you have an intolerance. Then, try cutting all lactose from your diet (not easy) for a few days and see if that helps. You can get good lactose free replacements now which do help.

I heart lactofree ( lactose kicks off my IBS) if you join them on facebook and email them your details they send you free portion packs and also vouchers for free products - you can use them for milk, chees, yoghurts whatever,,,,,

I was lactose intolerant for a short period post op! Except mine went all the way and i had diorhoeaa for about a week till i thought to speak to my provider.. I had lactose free milk for a few weeks until i was badly constipated and then tried 'regular' milk and discovered my intolerance to normal milk had gone. This was good news as visiting people made having a cuppa impossible and regular milk is cheaper too :)

Good luck with it xx

Back