• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy tuck postponed

Hi Stevie, so I went down for my op approx 130-2 yest and have to say the NHS were great and everything ran smoothly. I haven't been in much pain at all! I will give you the low down soon x

I am so pleased for you that it went ahead. I can't wait to hear how it went.

Hi Stevie, firstly have you heard anything yet?? I'm now 10 days post op, I feel pretty good but I think I was so shocked with even being given the go ahead let alone a dare in April I hadn't let it all sink in and it still hasn't now. All went well, I spent 5 nights in hospital, held in a little longer than expected due to the drains which often happens. Had umbillical stitches out last Wednesday and now patiently recovering at home until my sick note ends. Morphine was a god send post op, but after the first 3 days I was on paracetamol and ibrupofen and to be honest, I can't say I've been in an awful lot of pain at all. Do you have a bad back at all? My main advise would be to ensure you have lots of soft pillows as you will need to rest loads. Also, do a big shop beforehand and if you are able to, try to get someone to help you out for the first few days with making meals etc.
Oh yes...I took joggers to wear after the op/journey home (plus had jeans that I wore before) and to my surprise, both were too small! I put it down to swelling. But its still the case now so I am living in PJ's! Hope it does go down...I can't afford a new wardrobe :)

I am glad that you are feeling good. The swelling will go down but it takes a few weeks. Do you know how much skin they took off you in the end.

I ain't heard anything yet but hope fully soon as they have it down that they can call me if some one cancels at short notice. My back is better now and so are my knees. I seem to only get a bit if pain in the really bad cold.

I am glad that you are feeling good. The swelling will go down but it takes a few weeks. Do you know how much skin they took off you in the end.

I ain't heard anything yet but hope fully soon as they have it down that they can call me if some one cancels at short notice. My back is better now and so are my knees. I seem to only get a bit if pain in the really bad cold.

Any news Stevie?

Well u spoke to them the other day and they said mid to end October I should be getting it done.

But I had to call them again as I have moved and needed to give them my new number and when I asked the women was really good and she is getting the plastics women to look in to it and she will call me at the end of the week hopefully with a date other wise I should have a date by the start if august. Who's u getting on.

Well u spoke to them the other day and they said mid to end October I should be getting it done.

But I had to call them again as I have moved and needed to give them my new number and when I asked the women was really good and she is getting the plastics women to look in to it and she will call me at the end of the week hopefully with a date other wise I should have a date by the start if august. Who's u getting on.

Oh great news. I had forgotten how long it actually took for me to get places...my mum reminded me not so long ago. I had to wait for an admin lady to arrange things for a long while too and my details got lost somewhere in the system but as soon as I got a date and approval things got moving.
I'm 3 and a bit months on now and feeling a lot better about myself. It is quite an emotional rollercoaster though and I think I still have a bit of swelling so you must remember that...and try not to pay much attention to what you read on the net as I believed everything. I didn't get any infections, I've healed really well luckily. I didn't look how I would straight after the op, but there also wasn't maaasive swelling. I took approx 6-8 weeks to fit into jeans I wore pre-op though, due to swelling. The net got me worrying about everything!!!

I should hopefully be getting my date within the next 2 weeks. I am really nervous about how things will be after but interested to know how much skin they remove.

I should hopefully be getting my date within the next 2 weeks. I am really nervous about how things will be after but interested to know how much skin they remove.

Great news Stevie. You've been waiting very patiently! I thought I had a fair amount off but it weight just under 2lb. Hope you get your date soon!!!

Back