• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update!

emmakc

Hi everyone, I don't get on here much any more as life just seems to get in the way what with kids and working!

Anyway, I thought I would post an update; I had my op on 30 September and since them I've lost almost 7 stone and am now at goal (and a size 10) YAY ME!!

As for food, I can eat pretty much anything. I don't weigh anything or diet at all, I just eat what I want (even if it includes mini cornettos lol) as this is what my provider told me to do. As for portions, if I buy a packet sarny I'll eat half and save the other half, I eat my meals off a side plate rather than a full tea plate. I can eat bread, rice and meat although roast beef fills me up really quickly. I'm not a saint, I eat crisps and ice cream and the odd chocolate bar and I never buy low fat food.

As some will remember, I really regretted the surgery in the early days, but I don't at all now - this surgery has completely changed my life and made me happier and more confident (like the old me). The first couple of months were hard but I think that had a lot to do with my mindset rather than the operation itself, once I got to about 6/8 weeks things really turned around for me.

I've been really lucky with excess skin, my arms are fine and my thighs are ok (a little loose but I'm sure if I did some exercise they would be fine). I'd like to have a tummy tuck but can't justify the money at the moment. I don't have an apron or anything just that the skin isn't very nice but I have had three children so I think it would have been like that even if I'd not put on the weight. The worst bit is my bum, it's kinda flat without clothes and a little hangy which isn't nice but as no one sees my bum apart from my hubbie I can live with that lol

I can run around with the kids now and I don't feel embarrassed buying food in shops lol I'm also spending a fortune on new clothes, but the way I see it, I was overweight for 10 years so I missed out on clothes shopping.

My provider (Mr Fiennes at St Anthony's) has been amazing, you get life long support from him and his wife, Louise (she's the lead bariatric nurse) you get their mobile number which you can call any time if you have any problems, so anyone looking for a provider I would definitely recommend him lol

Anyhoo, hello to everyone!

Emma x:flirt2:

Wow 7 stone in nearly 8 months, that is amazing hun, well done :)

WOW thank you for the catch up really pleased your enjoying your life and family even morenow you can run around with the kids :) great inspiration thank you for sharing. xx

I love posts like this. Newbies like me finds it great inspiration. Congurats on your loss.

Great news! I am 3 months out and finding that my head, eyes and tummy are now starting to get it right for portion sizes.
Your weight loss is amazing. Well done.

Thanks everyone x

I remember when I was considering the bypass and just after wanting to gather as much insight into life post op as possible so I figured I'd post an update lol

I cancelled my op once and really wasn't sure if I actually wanted to go through with it, even on the day of the op (just read my earlier posts lol) but now I'm so glad I did it - life is just the same as before only with smaller portions!

Well done Em, you've done brilliant :)

Wow, fantastic. Well done, I do remember you having your reservations, even after the op. it's definitely worthwhile x

Sent from my iPod touch using WLSurgery

Ahh Emma I like hearing from you!!! Can't Believe you're a 10 now that's amazing!!!! I'm also almost at goal- have lost almost 6 stone and yes same as you- skin ok but tummy tuck would be lovely! Can't stop buying new clothes and loving it. Wish you and family well and hope we meet again (if there's anything left of us hahah) xx

Just saw your post and had to add my congratulations to the others emma!! You have done so fantastically well!! I remember you phoning me and being so unsure and worried about it all. I am so glad you went through with it and things have turned out so well for you. xxx

Fabulous, well done x

Well done Emma you are doing so well :) ..
Its so good to hear everyones inspirational stories.

Keep up the good work

Nicky xx

Back