• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Upset Stomach and tablets

Phojay

middle name OPTIMISTIC!!!
Hi all, been a while since I posted. Seem to have been getting on quite well and pleased with weight loss so far!

The last few days I've managed to catch a tummy bug and been feeling dreadful. Everything goes straight through (sorry if too much info!) and was just wondering whether I should be still trying to take my tablets on a empty tum? My mother has suggested Imodium to stop the loo visits but not sure if this is ok either?

Any advice would be welcome!

Many thanks

Hi My Doctor told me to take Imodium when I had the runs and I had no side effects from them

Imodium are opiate based so you need to be aware of the risks of taking opiate based medication - too many and you can get VERY nasty side effects. I would encourage you to take softer foods that will make your stools harder - like mash pots, banana's etc. Your bug will be in your tummy not your bowel so try and be kind to it, Imodium etc suppress the bowel movements which in turn stops the side effect and not cures the problem. Try this : 1pt boiled water, pinch salt & tsp sugar - that will put what you need back in your body and is a dioralyte.

Back