• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

URGENT HELP(liquids)..OPERATION MONDAY

emma-louise

my new life!!
Hello all,

I need some help in unstanding foods allowed after bypass..
I posted a question about how much fat/suger per 100g is allowed before your body goes into dumping mode.

I was told 5g fat per 100g
8g sugar per 100g

and as I know after ther op its the liquid stage,I went out and bought some options hot chocs,and low fat horlicks to have in.

when I got home i looked on the food label,they seem to be a lot higher on the label than I am allowed to have.

Has anyone had these and not dumped,or could advise,which drinks are ok to have,as I have my operation monday..

thanks x

The first couple of weeks I just had milk with coffee or cocoa in as i was worried about other stuff.

Its is best to go steady for a while.

there isnt a hard and fast rule about how much emma, everyone is unique, its all trial and error. i had the horlicks light when i first had my op, and i was fine, also like ladylite said, milky coffee, or tea, nas squash, and ive just recently started having skinny cow drinking choc, and ive been fine with that, all you can do is try things out, but find as low a sugar option as you can. also the way i look at it is i check the individual portion, cos you wont be having a 100g will you, you will only be having a percentage of that, so i go by portion, hope this helps. hugs x

thanks dawny and ladylite,

thats a great help,if anything Im worried about being sick early on and ruining the stitches..xx
do you know if you need to have protein drinks in the liquid stage ?

i didnt, but then i didnt know about them then. the dieticians reckon u dont need them, so i think its personal choice, i was told to put about 3 dessertspoons of dried milk in with ss milk, and that will increase your protein a lot. and if you make things with milk, like cocoa, or even the horlicks lite, instead of water, use milk. but i shouldnt worry too much, cos the dietician will come round while your in hospital and give you advice, so dont worry, it will be ok hun. if i can think of anything else ill post it for you, oh you can have yogurts, if u like them, i had the muller fruit corner, but i didnt have the fruit, just the yogurt, or any low fat yogurt with no pieces in. ive actually forgotten a lot of whati had, lol, but as i remember, ill put it on here for you. if theres anything else, jst aske away hun.
hugs xx

this is a good thread for us about to have our surgery, i had a bit of a stress attack today about what to have in for when i got home..........:confused:

hi em,

how are you?
I am panicking too,bought the low fat horlicks and an options,soups,oxo..but got home and read the labels of the choc and horlicks and Im wondering they will make you dump!

I'm ok slightly confused.com with all of this, went out with my mum today bought some decent meat to put in the freezer ready for the puree stage (YUK YUK!!) but as far as when i come out who knows!! i was looking at all the labels but then couldn't remember what i'd read but if it was high in protein & low in everything i thought i'd be pretty safe!:eek:
I was so hungry on the way home i took my flip flop off & ate it :8855::8855::8855::8855:
We will just have to listen to the fountain of knowledge on this site ;)

Hi Emma
i didnt dump in the first 4 weeks or so, i sneaked a bit of the kids chocolate a couple of times, and had no problems, now, i cant have chocolate at all, i am so ill. There are no rules re dumping, some people do, some people dont, some people are hyper sensitive dumpers, its trial and error i am afraid
xxx

Back