• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weekly weigh in

Thanks ladies, felt a bit down & it rankles a bit that the evening was spoilt by a kindly meant but thoughtless comment.
Weigh to night regained 1lb since my last one 2 wks ago so last weeks check on my scales suggesting a good loss was wrong or the naughties in last weekends meals have made their mark. Oh well tomorrow's another day & I'll refocus my eating & try to lose it again & ensure that next week is a loss of at least the gain & hopefully a bit more to.

Probably next week you will have lost that lb and more besides. I honestly think you are too hard on yourself penny. You should never let yourself forget how much you have achieved!! It is pretty amazingeven if you never lost another Ounce . xxxxx

sent From my Galaxy Note 2GT 7105 LTE

I can now understand where you are re the fluctuating weight but I have decided to give myself a range that I am happy to stay in rather than a set figure .
Penny , have you thought about doing a photo shoot like I'm going to do ? You then have a constant reminder of just how well you have done , how far you have come , think about it

I can now understand where you are re the fluctuating weight but I have decided to give myself a range that I am happy to stay in rather than a set figure .
Penny , have you thought about doing a photo shoot like I'm going to do ? You then have a constant reminder of just how well you have done , how far you have come , think about it

I think that's a brilliant idea Cheryl!! Penny definitely needs a reminder of how much she has achieved and also how good she looks now... Can't wait to see the results of these photo shoots! am sure you both will look stunning! xxxx

sent From my Galaxy Note 2GT 7105 LTE

Thank you girls, I think the weight was partly the weekend & partly the earth hasn't moved much for a few days although its been making up for it today. So perhaps its not as bad. I think its a mental thing so near my goal & yet so far, 12lbs to go to the top end of my target weight range, possibly I may never get there without plastic surgery as its possibly caught up in the excess skin.
The photo shoot sounds a great idea I did have a call from one of those you've won this photo shoot competition for a free set of pictures etc etc worth X £'s you & a friend can come at sparrows fart on this date to Y place, all you have to do is recommend Z number of friends & pay us B amount & you get a free photo shoot. Once done they then tell you the horrific cost of the photos that you can't afford & buy one just because you feel guilty if you don't. Some are great others a rip off so would need to find a local photographer that includes the make-up & hair so you looked your best. Saxon photography in Shaftesbury are supposed to be good but not sure if they do that sort of package may have a search to see if they do & how much. Had one of those offers done years ago curtesy of my now ex sister in law & again as a mums treat at the end of a 12mth photo thing for the youngest that we could have family pics done as well. I didn't scrub up to bad back then nearly 16yrs ago, might be time to have another one done?

Another 1lb bites the dust so the regain has gone again. Must focus more to rid myself of these last 12lbs or so to get to my top end goal. Exercise & avoiding the naughties.

You can do it , stay focused xx

Well done on the loss penny!! I agree with cheryl!! If anyone can do it then you can!! xxx

Well weigh in night & over the last 2wks I've lost 2lbs not much in the grand scheme of things but after the last 6months of playing yo-yos with my weight I'm now 2lbs below my lowest so far & now only 10lbs off my goal I may just make it to that upper goal here's hoping the positivity continues for those last 10lbs.

Another 2lb gone finally down to 11st. 3lbs lowest weight I've been so far on this journey. Been yo-yoing for the last 6+mths now 10lbs off my highest height to weight ratio & bmi, of 10st 7lbs. Ideally I'd like to get to 9st 7lbs but that may never be possible with excess skin & realism. But it would give me a stone leeway while I work on maintaining & ensuring I never sneak back up to that old heavy weight for me of 19st 3lbs.

Well done on the loss penny.. you must be so pleased.. to have got down so low.. xxx

I am I hope I can shed that last 10lb minimum so I can have a healthy weight & bmi. Any lower I think may be a push to far but we'll see once that main goal is reduced.

I'm sure your weight is healthy now anyway penny... Was reading that the bmi scale was introduced back in the 50's and now is not always a good indication of a healthy weight.. they say now that the waist size is a better indication. ie: for a woman anything over 31" is considered a health risk and can't remember offhand what it is for a man.

I have been told the same. Bmi was intended for use on populations not individuals. Body fat measurements are more useful

Thanks Yvessa.

Not sure how its happening at the moment Chrisa but grateful it is. The last 7mths I've gone up & down never quite breaking back into the 12st range but close enough to to kick my butt into action. I suppose you could say a loose sort of maintainence but would like to hit that healthy target rather than the current over weight. Although far far better than the old morbidly obese.

I have been told the same. Bmi was intended for use on populations not individuals. Body fat measurements are more useful

Why is my waist size important? - Health questions - NHS Choices
I agree Yvessa. Even the NHS Place more emphasis on waistline than bmi for health purposes.. It is an easy thing for anyone to measure without having to use fat calipers or fancy scales that measure body fat percentages, and is pretty accurate also, and all you need is a trusty tape measure. The link above is to the nhs info regarding healthy waistline etc if anyone wants to take a look...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/treatments/healthy_living/your_weight/whatis_bmi.shtml
Another interesting link...

Back