• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you most want to achieve when you have lost your weight....

My new favourite is that I now only take up one bus seat not one and a quarter! People don't glare when I sit next to them and they sit next to me rather than avoiding me like the plague! I've also noticed on the tube my hips and bum don't get stuck between the arm rests on the Piccadilly line! It's the little things! Oh, and my bed doesn't squeak everytime I move!

One of my best ones is, when I'm in bed and I want to turn over I just turn over!! when I was 22st 7 I had to grab the metal head board and heave myself over in several goes bit like a large lorry doing a 3 point turn in a narrow lane :D

Ohh the bed turning one is so true! One of the things I'm looking forward the most is not feel pain. I'm in constant pain, legs, back, feet, everywhere!

I was sat down in a low seat couch the other day and struggled to get up. My mother, who is 70, had to help me up and I felt so bad. I'd love to be able to get up from seats without bracing myself

I hate being squashed in a plane seat having to ask for aisle seat as my fat hangs over the middle seat. Once i came on a plane to see a man and his son sitting on my row. The little boy who was in the middle seat stated crying to his dad and was whispering dad that fat woman is squashing me i want to move seats over and over. The father kept looking at me then to his wife who was sitting on the opposite row with his daughter. i was so embarrassed and asked the hostess that once every one was seated could i move as i whispered I'm causing the boy such distress . Once i lose weight i would love to meet them again.

I hate being squashed in a plane seat having to ask for aisle seat as my fat hangs over the middle seat. Once i came on a plane to see a man and his son sitting on my row. The little boy who was in the middle seat stated crying to his dad and was whispering dad that fat woman is squashing me i want to move seats over and over. The father kept looking at me then to his wife who was sitting on the opposite row with his daughter. i was so embarrassed and asked the hostess that once every one was seated could i move as i whispered I'm causing the boy such distress . Once i lose weight i would love to meet them again.

Oh my how awful for you :( soon all that will be in the past ;)

To be able to go out with my children to the park.
To shop in normal high street shops for clothes and shoes
To be able to cut my own toenails instead of waiting for a chiropody appointment.
And most of all to possibly eliminate the type 2 diabeties

To be able to go out with my children to the park.
To shop in normal high street shops for clothes and shoes
To be able to cut my own toenails instead of waiting for a chiropody appointment.
And most of all to possibly eliminate the type 2 diabeties

I'm sure you will get there, we had same starting weight (give or take 3lbs) and now I'm a smidge over 13st and a size 14 :)

What a horrible experience. I just want to give you a hug right now! I think there's a stigma around overweight people. More than class A addicts, people with STDs etc. it's heartbreaking how everyone thinks just because someone is big they somehow don't feel anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

For me it's not getting stuck in the bath. At one point my wrist joints were so sore that I couldn't heave myself from the sitting position. I would try to turn myself over on to my knees but there just was not any room. Many a day I sat in desperation and crying as I was stuck in the bath. Not happened in a few years as I have not been at my heaviest. But I was getting back up there and it was becoming more difficult

I have thin arms and legs. I am a true apple shape...when I was younger I was often asked when my baby was due. I was in Greece one year and my landlady brought me fruit off her trees every morning. No one else was getting them.. One day she brought me wee treats and came up and rubbed my tummy. I was mortified :-(

For me it's not getting stuck in the bath. At one point my wrist joints were so sore that I couldn't heave myself from the sitting position. I would try to turn myself over on to my knees but there just was not any room. Many a day I sat in desperation and crying as I was stuck in the bath. Not happened in a few years as I have not been at my heaviest. But I was getting back up there and it was becoming more difficult

I have thin arms and legs. I am a true apple shape...when I was younger I was often asked when my baby was due. I was in Greece one year and my landlady brought me fruit off her trees every morning. No one else was getting them.. One day she brought me wee treats and came up and rubbed my tummy. I was mortified :-(

I can relate. When I married my second husband (in Switzerland) the florist kept saying "just in time, eh?!" and we ignored him. Finally after a few of those, he asked me when I was due. I was mortified and said "I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat!". He wasn't even embarrassed, very typically Swiss.

While living in Switzerland, I was sat on a bench waiting for a bus. A lady and her 3ish year old sat down next to me. The kid proceeded to start poking a fat roll sticking out over my jeans. I turned and asked her what she was doing (in English, I didn't have the presence of mind to ask in German). Kid didn't even look embarrassed and the mother only muttered something and looked annoyed, as if having a fat roll sticking out was a perfect plaything for a child and I shouldn't have questioned her.

I can relate. When I married my second husband (in Switzerland) the florist kept saying "just in time, eh?!" and we ignored him. Finally after a few of those, he asked me when I was due. I was mortified and said "I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat!". He wasn't even embarrassed, very typically Swiss. While living in Switzerland, I was sat on a bench waiting for a bus. A lady and her 3ish year old sat down next to me. The kid proceeded to start poking a fat roll sticking out over my jeans. I turned and asked her what she was doing (in English, I didn't have the presence of mind to ask in German). Kid didn't even look embarrassed and the mother only muttered something and looked annoyed, as if having a fat roll sticking out was a perfect plaything for a child and I shouldn't have questioned her.

Oh my Godddddd!!!! Wth? I'm so sorry you had to go through this, I actually have a similar experience with a French teenage girl.

For me it's being less noticeable. I'm very big and I attend a very high end university with mostly rich kids who never had to learn what compassion is! There were a lot of hurtful comments and somehow I'm always seen as lazy and a drag, even though I work twice as hard and get decent grades. It doesn't help that I just turned 30 and they're all in their early 20s!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

That's lovely weightless xxx

Well girls, all these comments will all be behind us. Having yo yo'd for years being thin at times, curvy and also gross I have experienced the difference in treatment. When your fat you are dismissed as unworthy. You are not taken seriously, you are discriminated against and unfortunately there is no protection under the law

I remember sitting on a flight when I had lost 5 stone. I was comfortable. The girl I. Front of me was really heavy, she had to put her seat back just to get room to eat her meal. My husband was saying "get her told - she should put that seat up" I hissed at him to shut up. I felt so sorry for her, because the year before I had been her. And was again before the start of this journey

Being very fat is a miserable existence full of joint pain, sweaty bits and discomfort. It hard enough just to get through each day without others judging and commenting. People suck sometimes :-(

Oh my Godddddd!!!! Wth? I'm so sorry you had to go through this, I actually have a similar experience with a French teenage girl.

For me it's being less noticeable. I'm very big and I attend a very high end university with mostly rich kids who never had to learn what compassion is! There were a lot of hurtful comments and somehow I'm always seen as lazy and a drag, even though I work twice as hard and get decent grades. It doesn't help that I just turned 30 and they're all in their early 20s!

Thanks, the second incident in particular really got to me. The Swiss stare all the time at anyone and everyone, it only served to make me more paranoid, even though everyone I knew there said they were stared at.

I work in a creative industry full of trendy young things, so I know how it feels for you at university.

That's lovely weightless xxx

Well girls, all these comments will all be behind us. Having yo yo'd for years being thin at times, curvy and also gross I have experienced the difference in treatment. When your fat you are dismissed as unworthy. You are not taken seriously, you are discriminated against and unfortunately there is no protection under the law

I remember sitting on a flight when I had lost 5 stone. I was comfortable. The girl I. Front of me was really heavy, she had to put her seat back just to get room to eat her meal. My husband was saying "get her told - she should put that seat up" I hissed at him to shut up. I felt so sorry for her, because the year before I had been her. And was again before the start of this journey

Being very fat is a miserable existence full of joint pain, sweaty bits and discomfort. It hard enough just to get through each day without others judging and commenting. People suck sometimes :-(

I can't wait for it to be truly behind! And good for you to show kindness to the girl in front of you on the plane.

It is a horrible existence, people just don't realise. :mad:

My Goals are..
. To be able to play footy with the kids without looking like a tomato ready to pass out!!
To go into normal shops and buy clothes To buy a bra from a shop rather than a hammock shop!! :)
To roll over in bed in 1 turn!! (Sorry peeps) To be able to wipe my bum without feeling like a Tyrannosaurus rex!!! (Big body, little arms!!!) Ha ha ha To be able to take my teenage daughter clothes shopping without the pits tops and breaks every half an hour, to ease my aching back and mop up the sweat pouring off me To stop having to use my extremely attractive darth vader mask during the night!! And obviously to just feel more healthy :) :) :) Not asking for much am I!!!! :) :)

Love it Niggly! Relate to the hammock shop. I am a 38 HH sometimes a 38 J.

Thank god for Bravisimo! Most of my life I have had to wear big Doreen bras. Gross. And looking like it came out of blacks of greenocks -the tent manufacturer

Love it Niggly! Relate to the hammock shop. I am a 38 HH sometimes a 38 J. Thank god for Bravisimo! Most of my life I have had to wear big Doreen bras. Gross. And looking like it came out of blacks of greenocks -the tent manufacturer

Ha ha Afraid I'm still fashioning the ultra sexy 'Doreen' All though at 50 K Miss Mary of Sweden manage to vamp them up a bit with a lil frill!! Ohhhh just thought of another goal....

To have a matching bra & knicker set!! :) :)

Not managed that yet lol. But I try to keep them the same colour. Good Old sloggii do a skin tone which matches my skin coloured bras. Other than that it's good ol black

Back