• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Witch's Rambles

witchingmoon

A long ramble about how I got to this point.

My addiction to Coke cola started at 13 but got bad when I was 17. I would drink 4-6lts a day. I did go on to Diet Coke but I was getting so ill as I found out I have intolerance to aspartame so back to full fat coke. This got so bad that I was up to 6-8lts a day but I decided I should quit and around 18 months ago I cold turkied it and I haven't touched it since or any other forms Dr P, Cherry Coke. :woohoo:

I got Married in May to my wonderful hubby :heartpump: would loves cooking and makes sure I have a healthy diet. We haven't had McD's this year as we said we don't need it or really like it.

Sadly we miscarried September 2010 and the doctor was horrid and wouldn't listen when I said something was wrong as I didn't stop bleeding. It took till August 2011 and non stop bleeding to get a scan 50 miles from home. They found that my lining was very thick and I had a 4cm cyst on my ovary. It explained why even when I was good I would put 4lb on. I had way to much oestrogen so it made more fat cells and they made more oestrogen. They took till this month to fit the coil but I hope it will stop the bleeding soon. They said I need to get my weight down to help this problem if we want a baby.

I asked my GP about bariatric surgery he said I wasn't big enough my BMI was 61. I got fed up and unhappy so 6th June hubby went to see a GP at our surgery I had never met. He showed a print out of my weight (BMI 62) he rang me to check its what I wanted and refured me. 18th June I had a letter agreeing funding for surgery. I was so happy like a kid at Christmas. We called the hospital 5th July and they said a letter had been sent to my GP as they needed more info. on the 18th it still wasn't there so we got her to fax it over and they wanted a mental health assessment. I had it on the 27th July a lot of fathing and just over a month it was sent to the surgeon. I then went to the hospital on 23rd September (my birthday) to meet the anesthetist, dietitian and one of the surgeons. They said my op will be November but there is one thing I have to do, get my iron levels up to 11 (they were 7.9 in August) I will hopefully find out the date next week and am so excited but also so worried as I have bloods done the Thursday before op and so I could get so close but not reach it if my iron isn't up.

Well done for kicking your coke addition & well done hubby for being so proactive. :) Are you taking iron supplements or relying on iron rich foods? Hope you sort this out soon & good luck for your November op xxx :):)

I was taking iron tablets but have gone over to iron tonic as was told it will get in quicker than tablets.
I am also having iron rich foods. Hubby been giving me stout, faggots, spinach and other greens.

Oooo ... cure sounds worse than the disease, doctor If the worse come to the worse you can always have an injection. I once had to do this in my 30 ies due to heavy periods. It was always low & dipped down to 6 ish so they injected me a few times ... job done xxx :):)

I hope so as I really don't want to get to the door way and be left outside. I know I am so lucky I have got this far this quick as I have read how people have taken years to get to this point. I don't think I could be as patient as they are.

6 is very low I am so surprised they didn't give you a transfusion. Glad the injection worked :) x

I hope so as I really don't want to get to the door way and be left outside. I know I am so lucky I have got this far this quick as I have read how people have taken years to get to this point. I don't think I could be as patient as they are.

6 is very low I am so surprised they didn't give you a transfusion. Glad the injection worked :) x

I know ... I think the lowest read I had was 6.3 which is when the injections were introduced but if they had not brought it up enough or not fast enough, then I was looking at a transfusion. It didn't come to that, thankfully & I had a endrometrial ablation a few years later which resolved all my period problems ... phew. At least this option is there for you if the diet & supplements don't do the trick xxx :)

Its good to know as I was unaware of them. Am more excited now :bliss: x

Hi and well done on kicking your addiction - a sign that the surgery will be great for you. A little tip to get your iron up.. Have fresh fruit juice (vitamin c) whilst you eat iron rich food (peas are great as well). The vitamin c helps you absorb the iron quicker, therefore you absorb more. I needed medication with my first 2 pregnancies to raise my levels. I did this during my third pregnancy and my levels were higher than ever.
Hope this works for you hunni.
Good luck.

Fantastic that you've kicked the coke,, and I am amazed at you getting surgery that fast, I have been waiting 2 yrs and still no date. Good luck to you though love, and I hope all goes well and you go on to have a baby. Your hubby sounds lovely x

Fantastic that you've kicked the coke,, and I am amazed at you getting surgery that fast, I have been waiting 2 yrs and still no date. Good luck to you though love, and I hope all goes well and you go on to have a baby. Your hubby sounds lovely x

I am very lucky I know. It's quick as they only started doing the oparations in September so the list was new so not to many before me. I am sorry yours is so long fingers crossed you get your date soon x

I am very lucky I know. It's quick as they only started doing the oparations in September so the list was new so not to many before me. I am sorry yours is so long fingers crossed you get your date soon x
maybe i'll move to Hampshire lol

yeh, me too lol. I know mine will be done very soon. I'm at the end of the tunnel now xx

Hello Witching Moon :)
Well done on kicking the coke habit!! That must have been pretty hard.
Thankyou for sharing your story. It sounds like you've been having a pretty rough time. But, you've finally got the help you need, and your hubby sounds a wonderful man.
Good luck on the rest of your journey xxx )0( xxx

Hello Witching Moon :)
Well done on kicking the coke habit!! That must have been pretty hard.
Thankyou for sharing your story. It sounds like you've been having a pretty rough time. But, you've finally got the help you need, and your hubby sounds a wonderful man.
Good luck on the rest of your journey xxx )0( xxx

Thank you Kath. Yes my hubby is wonderful I am a very lucky lady xx

good read witch :) as others have said, well done getting rid of the coke habit (sounds great) :D so sorry for your loss, thats got to be hard :( well done on getting the op so quickly! make up the spare room im on me way lol. Seriously though, I wish you the very best of luck with the weight loss and the future family :) xxx

good read witch :) as others have said, well done getting rid of the coke habit (sounds great) :D so sorry for your loss, thats got to be hard :( well done on getting the op so quickly! make up the spare room im on me way lol. Seriously though, I wish you the very best of luck with the weight loss and the future family :) xxx

Thanks hun yes its hard but fingers crossed the next time I will have a health take home baby :D
I have a one bed flat but I'm sure we can make the bath comfortable lol xx

Welcome to the forum n well done on kickin the coke habit :) fab news on the surgery moving fast :) hope u get ur op soon n have a lovely healthy baby :) x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thanks for sharing your story!

Wishing you the best of luck with the rest of your journey x

Your name sounds like you are a woman after my own heart lol...(being of the 'New Age' persuasion lol)

I hope all works out for you. Sounds like you have a wonderful hubby!!

Good luck and thanks for sharing xxx

Back