• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS & Gallstones.??

I was very glad to have the surgery but mine was so bad that they had to do open and the surgeon said he touched my gallbladder and it disintergrated and he literally had to chisel it out. I then had to stay in hospital for a month as I was so ill and got pancreatitis (through an endoscopy) and ended up with diabetes - so not a good time - you don't appreciate your health until it leaves!

I can understand that Stella... is your diabetes now in remission? xxx

I can understand that Stella... is your diabetes now in remission? xxx

Yes it is Bev and has been since the day after surgery. One of the things that surprised me was how soon it went down (and I hadn't even lost any weight at that point) - the surgeons don't know why this is but think its because they bypass the Jejunum which is where sugar is transported. I was on 7 tablets a day for diabetes and cholestrol and now all I take are the multivits. My blood sugar is now 5 (a normal reading) and it was between 10-20 the day before surgery.

I'm so pleased for you to be in remission with the diabetes... a dream come true for me again if I can get off the weight gaining insulin too.

Ever hopeful and keeping as optimistic as I can...

Love and hugs xxx

thank you everyone for your replies..
I defiantly think I will ask if it is an option...I guess I would offer to have the operation as an open one instead of keyhole..?
I personally think it will end in a big No..after all if it is not broken dont fix it...
:cool:

Hi Lisa, regarding the gallstones op...

Kerry had her bypass and gallbladder removed via keyhole done all at the same time recently.

The surgeon only usually does them if they are needed and they decide, likewise the surgeon will normally discuss and advise about the best option for you via open or keyhole...

Although for some people it has to be one way or the other because of previous ops etc...

Love and hugs xxx

Love and hugs Angel xxx

Back