• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gallstones!

Jrichard

Hi all,

It's official, I've become a statistic. I didn't have gallstones before the surgery and now I do! :cry:

I was admitted to hospital with pain, but my enzyme levels were normal it was assumed it probably wouldnt be gallstones, but they ordered a scan to be sure.

Just had my abdominal ultra sound scan and I have gallstones.

In the space of 12 months I have had my appendix and tonsils removed, my bypass and now it looks like my gallbladder has to go.

How many post oppers out there have also been diagnosed with gallstones post-operatively, and did you need surgery or can they treat it another way??? :confused:

I went with WLS group. Do I need to inform them do you think?

Thanx in advance for your replies.

Julie xx
:D

Hi, sorry to hear your not well and have had a really rough year, i hope it gets sorted soon for you, :)

p.s sorry to ask but i'm going with wls, do you have to pay to have your gallbladder remove as it due to the bypass, thanks :)xx

pps, it cant hurt to inform them :) xx

As I was admitted to A/E, this has all been followed up by the NHS.

I did ask for the WLS group to remove my gallbladder at the same time as the bypass but they said that that's not standard practice. If I wanted to push for the gallbladder removal there would be cost implications.

I feel bad because I paid private and the poor old NHS is left to pick up the pieces.

Julie xx

Hope you get it sorted soon.
For lullaby.... I had my bypass privately and had my gall bladder removed at the same time. It cost an additional £500 but was well worth it. I did have gall stones so didn't want to risk making the problem worse.
Lynne x

Thanks julie, hope you are feeling better today, :) xx

Thanks lynne, i'm just a bit worried as this op has wiped me out and i cant afford (money wise) for anything to go wrong, :) xx

i hope you are feeling ok :) i was told it may come for mine to be taken out at some point and my spleen :( to be honest though i wouldn't know the symptoms do you know what can be done or taken to prevent this xx take care

i've no idea but that's what mr kerrigan told me :( anyway i've no problems at the moment so won't worry about it xx

Jrichard said:
As I was admitted to A/E, this has all been followed up by the NHS.

I did ask for the WLS group to remove my gallbladder at the same time as the bypass but they said that that's not standard practice. If I wanted to push for the gallbladder removal there would be cost implications.

I feel bad because I paid private and the poor old NHS is left to pick up the pieces.

Julie xx

Wow the majority of us only pay private because operations are not available on the NHS Anybody can get gallstones and I do understand they can be brought on by rapid weightloss but does that mean that anybody who follows a ULCD would have to pay for removal.

Hi,

You only have to pay for your gall bladder to be removed if you have gone private and want it removing at the time of your surgery.

Julie xx

Back