• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 cuddle = 2 broken ribs

angiemason

i am feeling very sorry for myself today :( my lovely hubby went to cuddle me last night and squeezed a bit hard now i have two broken ribs :( i went to docs because it was such a loud cracking noise and really sore :( so he confirmed the ribs broken but said this shouldn't happen , as i have rheumatoid arthiritis and oesteo already i think possibly my bones are thinning further so he is sending me for another bone density scan which i have every three years :( he asked if my hubby is a body builder and how often do i have broken bones so i'm not sure but think he may suspect my hubby of hitting me etc but i can assure everyone he would never do such a thing and it's just another of my useless body things :( god knows what is going to happen when i have no fat for padding i'll be living in plaster of paris :) ( i always wanted to live in paris but not that kind ) xx

Oh Angie!! hope you have a speedy recovery xxx

well i don't look as rosy and healthy as i did the other day now :( but hopefully will get sorted out and dr said i have to tell John to keep away xx

Oh dear I'm sorry to hear this, I wish you a speedy recovery. Hubby is going to have to be a bit more gentle with his hugs.. and wrap 'butterfly' wings around you rather than a bear hug. Bless him, I bet he feels terrible :(

he does jen :( i had a feeling things were getting worse because of all the horrible clicking and grinding noises that were getting more and more but i never expected this xx

Oh Angie :wave_cry::wave_cry: What a thing to happen ... feel so sorry for you both. You for your physical pain & your hubby for his emotional pain :wave_cry:
Hope your scan doesn't show any degeneration in bone density, honey. Sending you virtual hugs as the real thing is no good for you at the minute (((Angie))) xxx

thanks for the gentle hugs xx trouble is i feel so sorry for myself could really do with a proper one ( ouch)

Sorry to hear this. Sounds painful. Before your DS, did they scan your bones? Had you had a diagnosis of osteoporosis? Just wondering if the malabsorption of the DS isnt helping in respect of your calcium absorption and the accompanying vits required to keep up your bone density. Maybe you need a specific supplement for counteracting this? I think its calcium plus vit D.

Hi Becky i have been thinking it will be something to do with it and i am already on 4 calcit d3 , 2 forceval, 3 ferrous sulphate, and 1 multi vit 5000iu to top up forceval, oh and my symvastatin for cholesterol :) i didn't have a scan before DS but already have one every three years and every time it is thinner :( i have had loads of broken bones but usually from falling or walking into something like a table and stubbing my toe .. i really hope it can get sorted out though :)

Ouch hun that must be so painful !!!!
Take it easy hun, hope the scan results are good (fingers crossed xxx).

Hi Becky i have been thinking it will be something to do with it and i am already on 4 calcit d3 , 2 forceval, 3 ferrous sulphate, and 1 multi vit 5000iu to top up forceval, oh and my symvastatin for cholesterol :) i didn't have a scan before DS but already have one every three years and every time it is thinner :( i have had loads of broken bones but usually from falling or walking into something like a table and stubbing my toe .. i really hope it can get sorted out though :)

Ouch, nothing more painful than a broken toe:(
Hope they can sort it for you, did they not discuss this with you before the DS? That it may make your osteoporosis/osteopenia worse?

i don't think they or myself thought it was worse than my last scan :( so we thought the tabs would keep it ok , we'll see what happens after the scan i can only go forward but just a bit more carefully now :)

The weight loss will help the OA and RA, so hopefully you can exercise more. Weight bearing exercise is really good for bone strength. Fingers crossed they sort the supplements for you xx

that's why i thought i'd start swimming again last week :) now i'll have to put it on hold again till they heal xx

aw hun :( That sounds really painful and you poor hubby, he must feel awful

Oh Angie, you poor thing x I hope you recover quickly.

You will both have to be a bit more careful with the special lady you are (I seem to recall from another thread you almost tripping over some droopy draws on the way out shopping - try getting THAT excuse past the GP!)

Oh no Angie , hope the pain subsides soon .
Support to you n hubs ( as can't hug ) xx

Aw bless u n ur hubby :) get well soon Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back