• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 Week milk diet

ktstar

I was told to go on the milk diet for one week pre surgery now i'm worried that's not enough and i'm worried that i'll be incredibly hungry when on it.

Welcome to posting :)

If you've only been advised to do it for one week, then it must be all they need you to do it for. Some people have to do longer, some not at all. It really is something that you need to follow your providers guidance on so try not to worry on that front.

As for hunger, around day 3/4 is often the hardest, but after that point the hunger is much much less. Its a chance to start preparing for the post surgery too and if you are worried about doing something for a week, it is nothing to how it is going to be post surgery and for much much longer . . .

Thank You. Maybe worried wasn't the right word to use, i'm just feeling aprehensive and full of nervous excitement.

all natural feelings :) my provider suggested a low carb, low fat diet but I did milk diet from choice found it much easier, helped with liquid stage post op and helped me to focus and get in right mindset too, had headache around day 3 which is also common but made milk jelly to "eat" and lots of different variations of milk. Don't like soup or shakes so it worked for me :)

When are you due to start and what surgery are you having?

Was on the milk diet four weeks then allowed to eat again, then back on milk diet one week prior to surgery :)
They know what they are doing, you just need to do as you are told lol x good luck xx

I'm having a band fitted at Dolan park on the 27th. 12 sleeps and counting :0) getting more excited as the time gets closer looking forward to seeing the new me. I've never been smaller than a size 20 in my adult life, I can remember being a size 16 when I was about 13.

Hi

Like you I was also told to only do it for 1 week, apparently the length of time needed depends on your BMI, so the higher the BMI the longer you need to do the milk diet.

Mind you I did it for ten days just to be sure as I had geared myself up to do the full two weeks.

Paul

Good luck ktstar with your milk diet. I didn't feel hungry on the diet, what I missed was the physical activity of actually eating/crunching on food. These teeth were made for that! Anyway it will be over and done before you know it x

Back