• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-Op MILK Diet - anyone else doing the same?

Jersey Bean

Hello all,

So I started my pre-op diet yesterday and am due to go in for surgery on 26th April. My pre-op diet is pretty hard going and I can have as follows:

4 pints semi-skimmed milk
2 litres fluids
1 cup stock based drink
1 sugar free jelly

And that's it. I did have the option of doing a food based diet but I am so worried about cheating, eating too much, making mistakes that I thought this was the better option for me.

Anyone else on it? Anyone else sick of the sight of milk???

xxxxx

A lot on here have done the milk diet ..
I did another diet that my broker suggested
4 eggs
8oz chicken
Only green leafy veg
1 bag of Italian salad leaves
Bovril
Sugar free drinks
No dairy

It certainly worked as I dropped about 18 lbs in the 2 weeks I think ! Will have to check my diary on here ..And the surgeon was very pleased with my shrunken liver .
Was it the only option you were given ?

Thanks so much for the reply!

I was given a food based diet too, but I was so worried about the opportunities to over eat, cheat etc that I thought doing the milk one would give me less opportunities to fail.

But... after 4 days, I literally can't drink one more drop of milk. Even looking at it is making me heave and want to be sick. So with a heavy heart I swapped to the food based diet this morning and a Weetabix has never tasted so good!!

The other diet I was given was similar to the one you have mentioned and it's very good to hear it's been working as I was worried I would not lose any weight/shrink my liver, so thank you for your reply!!

A lot on here have done the milk diet ..
I did another diet that my broker suggested
4 eggs
8oz chicken
Only green leafy veg
1 bag of Italian salad leaves
Bovril
Sugar free drinks
No dairy

It certainly worked as I dropped about 18 lbs in the 2 weeks I think ! Will have to check my diary on here ..And the surgeon was very pleased with my shrunken liver .
Was it the only option you were given ?
This is quite similar to the low carbing I'm doing already but more controlled so I hope to choose this option and hope it works for me. Am loosing about a kilo a month low carbing at the moment though.

I have been given a milk diet on my request for when I eventually need it as I don't want the hassle of faffing about with food, and green things don't agree with me, but was surprised that it only had 3 pints of semi-skimmed milk. Others I have seen on the site have had 4 pints plus two yoghurts. Has anyone else only been given milk only please?

Yep Spire Southampton ! Dr Brynes is my surgeon .. I had a gastric band fitted . 11 days post op now and doing good ..
What's your stats Jersey ?
Mindy
Xxx

I have been given a milk diet on my request for when I eventually need it as I don't want the hassle of faffing about with food, and green things don't agree with me, but was surprised that it only had 3 pints of semi-skimmed milk. Others I have seen on the site have had 4 pints plus two yoghurts. Has anyone else only been given milk only please?

Mine was 4 pints semi skimmed x

I'm having 2 pints skimmed! (250ml 4 times a day) plus 2 litres non sugar liquids for 2 weeks, yikes

I think it's because I've not lost much so far on my own.

Oh wow :( I get a bit hungry on 4. Is your tummy rumbling?

Haven't started on it yet but yh, my tummy rumbling just thinking about it! Gonna choose between Asda's and Tesco's shakes, hope one of them will be bearable!

I start mine on May 1st not that I'm counting or anything.
The leaflet says 1 pint of milk equals 2 yogurts so I'm planning 2 pints of semi skimmed, 4 yogurts and the odd sugar free jelly. With the 2 litres of sugar free squash or water I'm hoping I won't have time to miss food.

We're allowed sugar free mints which I'm relieved about. We can still have fizzy drinks too so it'll be my last chance to indulge my Pepsi Max addiction. I figure I'll feel rough enough after surgery not to notice the caffeine withdrawal!

It's interesting to hear what other people are told to do.

Back