• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 week post op and feeling great

Hey everyone, just signed up today.

I'm 8 days post op and feeling absolutely fantastic! The first day of surgery i had slight pain but was waking around and using the loo independently! I'ts been a very big change in my life! So far i have lost a whooping 2 stone in 3 weeks which i could never lose before! Its fabulous to see jeans become looser!

My starting weight was - 25stone 9&half lbs, i am now 23stone 8&half pounds!

My scars have healed, i was off pain killers a day after i left hospital. All my foods stay down, i have no discomfort, i sleep well! I feel energized and full of life! Yesterday i had an off day due to eating the wrong yogurt and juice....But body is back on track today!

My daily meals on the stage 1 liquid diet for 2 weeks consists of:

Breakfast: Slimfast

Snack- sugar free jelly

Lunch- Cream of chicken soup, Smooth yogurt fat free!

Snack- Yazoo milkshake

Dinner- Tomatoe soup, cream of chicken, broth

Drinking multivitamin juice diluted with water, water or boullian!

All i the advice i could give from my experience to have a very successful operation, is to be focused, know what u want and be positive the whole journey! You will get days that you feel low, and wonder whether this is really for you, but guess what.................IT IS! the mind is very POWERFUL. I used my mental strength to get me through surgery and give me a pain free recovery! Also GOD is also watching over me, and i thank him for my experience so far! :D.

Weight is like a disease and we got the tool WLS to cure it! You gotta want to help yourself to make the Surgery successful! Keep strong everyone!

Thanks Peter, You look great! Quick Question.....Do you find that you can sip more quantities of fluids each day! I could only sip for the first 3 days, but now i find i can actually drink atleast a little mouthful without getting a stitch. lol

Thanks Peter, You look great! Quick Question.....Do you find that you can sip more quantities of fluids each day! I could only sip for the first 3 days, but now i find i can actually drink atleast a little mouthful without getting a stitch. lol

The best tip I was given, was to drink out of a sports bottle. 1. You can easily measure how much you have drunk. 2. It doesnt allow you to gulp so you have to take small sips.

But to answer your question, if i go to gulp my drink even now, two mouthfuls and I will pay for it with the pain, so again, sip away, but just more often lol

Well done Annie :):) I would say I can certainly drink more without pain than in the first week, which is good as I am not one of life's natural drinkers & it was taking forever when I could only sip, lol xxx :)

Thanks Guys, that really helped, that has helped me alot so i understand! Wow, i just can't wait to get started on this fantastic journey! I will confess though,,,,,,I craved some Jamaican rum to help my nausea yesterday, but defeated the crave hehehehehe! it was usually my Tool to nausea before surgery! Sugar free drinks really dont help! But no pain no gain! Keep up the good work guys

Well done so far Annie and welcome to the site (from 1 newbie to another).

Was it a band you had?

Back