• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 week post op gastric sleeve!

cathykats

:confused:Hi all I'm sorry for being a pain!!!
I feel like I'm always asking silly question & that I might be boring you all!?

Anyway I'm 1 week post op Gastric Sleeve & on the liquid stage of the diet for the last 6 days I've been having a fruit smoothie for breakfast then nas juice (waiting 30mins between)
for lunch a slim fast or build up & again nas juice (waiting 30mins between)
mid afternoon same as lunch
dinner smooth soup then coffee or options hot chocolate or nas juice (waiting 30 mins between)

but I woke up today feeling really sick everything I try to drink is making me feel worse.

I had some soup about an hour ago & didn't feel so bad but I'm feeling so thirsty :( .

What do you think could be causing this sick feeling ? should I call my team or see my gp?

Please help Cathy x

Raynebubble

i am not sure hun as ive had a bypass.... but any problems the hospital are there to support you, so give them a call hun xx

Mrs Quiggle

Are you drinking enough water/squash in between. I'm very bad at this. Also it could be the slim fast, I know this makes some people feel sick, light dumping. Try a yogurt for breakfast and soup for lunch and supper. I had 3 cracker breads with peanut butter on for breakfast with half a banana. I think I had too much peanut butter as I felt sick for about an hour afterwards. It might have been the banana. I'm having the other half now so will know in about half an hour.

Not much help was I really. Sorry.

Hope it gets better soon.
Kate x

cathykats

Thanks ladies I didn't know that I could get dumping with the gastric sleeve?
It started after I had my strawberry build up yesterday morning.
I don't have mush food until next week :/ xx

Tracey37

cathykats said:
Thanks ladies I didn't know that I could get dumping with the gastric sleeve?
It started after I had my strawberry build up yesterday morning.
I don't have mush food until next week :/ xx

Hi Hun , hope you feel better soon , I have heard some people that have the sleeve dump, my friend being one of them. I also know a girl that she dumped on smoothies , hope u feel better soon

cathykats

Hi Hun , hope you feel better soon , I have heard some people that have the sleeve dump, my friend being one of them. I also know a girl that she dumped on smoothies , hope u feel better soon
Thanks tracey I've been following the diet plan the hospital gave me but I really can't face anything at the mo . I'm sipping on water at the mo. thanks again hun xxx

emmalouise1989

X Emma X
hi, i am 2 weeks post of with the sleeve and i have had bouts of feeling sickly and not being abe to drink much, and last week i also experienced dumping which i didnt believe would happen, i was in soo much pain and dreading it ever happening again.

like you whenever i feel sickly i just sip water for the rest of the day.

Hey hun,

Just sip plenty of water.

Im 13 weeks post op from sleeve, havent really dumped as such.

It could also be the anesthetic coming out of you as it alledgedly stays in you for a year.

If you are really worried just call your team sweet.

Hope you feel better soon :)

xx

mariew

I had a bypass, I get sick feeling at the slightest thing now, a funny smell, eating one teaspoon too much, the look of a puree'd meal!! and car sickness. I have never suffered this before!
The surgeon said that dumping can occur with processed foods like slim fast or build up. I was also told that you cannot dump with a sleeve as the pyloric valve is still used.This is the valve at the bottom of the stomach that slowly allows the food to pass from the stomach into the intestine. In a bypass it's no longer in use!

cathykats

Thank you everyone!!! I can't even think about Slimfast or Complan without feeling sick,but I am managing homemade soup , water & nas juice.
I've got another cold now and feeling so tired. I'm staying at my mums at the moment so she is really helping me with the kids and my hubby has had 3days off work so that made me feel happy,but he's going back to work tomorrow night for 7 whole nights :( I'm going to miss him as he sleeps in the day.

Thanks again everyone really appreciated.
love Cathy :) xx

Ruthiep

feeling sick?

I'm 3 weeks post sleeve, and today I feel quite sick. Some days I have felt amazingly well, but maybe I did too much too soon, as yesterday I started on a bit of a downer and today I feel really sick.:cry: I have looked into my multivitamins, which were Boots own chewable ones, and basically useless. The bottle didn't even state *what* was in it, let alone the strength of the 10 vitamins in the bottle. Which made me suspicious that they were not very useful. So I got some high potency ones with at least 40 vitamins in, and am hoping I'll start to feel better soon.

I can't eat vegetables though. Does anyone else find veggies give them bad wind pain?

cathykats

I'm 3 weeks post sleeve, and today I feel quite sick. Some days I have felt amazingly well, but maybe I did too much too soon, as yesterday I started on a bit of a downer and today I feel really sick.:cry: I have looked into my multivitamins, which were Boots own chewable ones, and basically useless. The bottle didn't even state *what* was in it, let alone the strength of the 10 vitamins in the bottle. Which made me suspicious that they were not very useful. So I got some high potency ones with at least 40 vitamins in, and am hoping I'll start to feel better soon.

I can't eat vegetables though. Does anyone else find veggies give them bad wind pain?

Hi Ruthie, I'm now 3weeks post op and feeling quite sick too.
I'm taking multivitamins but don't feel any different for taking them.
I'm on the puree stage now and have been having what the family are eating ie Shepherd pie, chicken, potato, carrots gravy .
I'm happy with the weight loss 15kg which I would never have been able to do before.
I seem to OK with veggies .

hope you start to feel better soon .

cathy :)

Ruthiep

Hi Ruthie, I'm now 3weeks post op and feeling quite sick too.
I'm taking multivitamins but don't feel any different for taking them.
I'm on the puree stage now and have been having what the family are eating ie Shepherd pie, chicken, potato, carrots gravy .
I'm happy with the weight loss 15kg which I would never have been able to do before.
I seem to OK with veggies .

hope you start to feel better soon .

cathy :)

do you absolutely purée everything to baby food consistency? I had purées the first two weeks like soups and stuff, now I'm meant to be having soft mashed stuff not purees. I can have vegetables in soups I suppose but I'm bored stupid of soup.