• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10.5 Months post op, 11.2 Stone down, 4 hernia's repaired now time to take control

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Hi all, Some of you will know me though have not posted for ages. You will know I have been up and down in the head issues department but had fantastic weight loss results. I am 10 months 10 days post and have lost 11.4 stone. My life has changed. For the better 100%.
I do have head issues and have good and bad days but sorting it.
I have had some addiction transfer and have not lost an ounce since 8 month post op. Though
I am typing this from the Clem Hospital Harrow, where the awesome Mr Shaw Somers just repaired my incisional hernia's - I had 4 in the end.And he has put some mesh inside me as well, hoping to avoid any more.
The past two months I have not been eating as a bypass patient should and not exercising too. I have not followed any of the guidelines these past two months. Frankly I am lucky that I have not put weight on.
But now these Hernia's are repaired, I plan to take control. Starting with drinking plenty fluids, eating protein first, etc. Everything i have not done for two months. And start exercising. This bypass was the best gift I have ever had, a second lease on life and I will no longer abuse it.
I type this in pain, die to the hernia repair but I am positive. There will be struggles but life begins again.
So Hi everyone, I am back!

Hi

Hope you feel better soon and good luck with getting back in control xx

great to see you back Ryan, good luck with everything, im struggling with my head too, but in only 11 weeks out, wishing you all the very best mate xxx

Hi Ryan. Wishing you all the best. I notice you are from Dudley ...... Originally from Lower Gornal myself and my family are still there! Hope the head stuff sorts, you have done so fabulously well on the weight loss. Tracey x

hernia's

Hi Ryan,just a quick question,how long have you had the hernia's before bypass or after and what caused them ?hope you dont mind me asking.Gail

HIya Ryan been a while, now you are back on tha mend get the control back and start afresh you have been lucky but you can't be lucky forever. take care and follow the rules, my last few weeks havent been easy either this is the hardest time i think 8 months onwards, head hunger and cravings even though dont feel hungry x

Glad to hear your physical problems post op have been resolved, fingers crossed the emotional & physiological issues are soon beaten. You've had a rough ride & we all have times where the old demons set in & are hard to fight if other things are challenging your resolve. Good luck Hun.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Glad to hear things are on the up for you Ryan sweetheart. I'm about ready to take on that Wii; so hurry up and arrange a meet!

Your weight loss is amazing, good luck with getting back on track. I haven't had my surgery yet and I'm already worrying about slipping back to how I am now in the end. Good luck x

That's an absolutely fantastic loss, we started at the same weight, but I've still got a long way to go. Just wondering how much you had to lose before they considered sorting your hernia, as I have one too and it's really unsightly, and becoming more so the more weight I lose.
Sarah
X

Hi Ryan I don't think we would be human if we took this totally in our stride. It is a massive thing to go through. And you're emotions are going to be going up and down like a lift. (was gonna say something else lol) No one person deals with things the same as the next. I have learnt that in the last 5 years. Just be honest with yourself and stay true to you. I'm sure it onwards and upwards now you have had your repair. Chin up chicken x

Back