• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Started to get bad pains after I eat 6 months post op

brad scott

Hey all I'm starting to be in agony after I eat it's not every time and I will be 6 months post op on Friday weird thing is is that the past 2 months I have suffered really bad with constipation I've been to the doctors they have no idea I've phoned my surgeons office in Telford asked for a appointment been fobbed off twice and still no app with them when I have the pain if I massage my belly I have bad wind which makes me think it's just trapped wind but I'm no doctor so I have no idea my gp put me on movicol but has made no difference the only thing that works in glycerin suppossotries I'm at my wits end feel so alone why am I having this pain why can't I go to the toilet why will no one help me does anyone else have a similar problem I am getting depressed don't get me wrong the weight loss is fantastic I have lost another 3 lbs this week but IS IT REALLY WORTH IT??????????? :-{ x

Really sorry you are in pain, Brad :( I do not have any advise but just wanted you know know we care :) I am sure someone will be able to help soon :) xx

If the GP can't help, and Telford can't get you an appointment, depending on how bad the pain is, I would go to A&E.
I had to go down the same route with a severe water infection - doctor's were useless, team at PRH said I had to persevere, A&E had me sorted in less than an hour.
Hope you get this sorted soon.
xXx

i would go to the hospital where my weight loss team are and not move until im seen by them, they owe you a duty of care and not be allowed to fob you off, ring the hospital trust if things get no better XXX

Brad,im so sorry your having problems , im sure your trying to get them sorted but sometimes you have to shout loud to be heard,dont be fobbed off,we sometimes try to be too polite,,also it makes me angry that a lot of people after their surgeries seem to have problems,go to gp and are told to go to the bariatric team,when ,im sure not every problem is due to the surgery,and would maybe have been a problem if youd not had the op..(obviously i know a lot are because of the nature of the surgery,so i understand its hard for the gp to).....it reminds me sadly of my poor sister who was feeling ill for months and because shed been given anti-depressants,at some point in her life ,every gp put it down to her "depression",,,if she broke her arm theyd have said it was that!,,,,,,,when all along she sadly had cancer and died six weeks after diagnosis,not trying to scare anyone ,just want people to know its ok to shout and scream if it gets you listened to,,,,after all its our lives we are talking about,and id hate the help we all are desperate for becomes screen for other things,although ive heard a few wonderful cases where the op has shown up problems that would have maybe been undetected.and allowed treatment to start ,sory to be a misery but you keep shouting and get yourself seen and sorted! hope your feeling tickedy boo soon love ,x

I agree entirely. You must get this problem sorted out without delay. Constipation is something that people don't talk about and sometimes think amusing but it is deffinitely not so. I can think of nothing more painful as severe constipation. My 30 year old niece suffered from it so badly and eventually went into hospital but they, for some reason, did nothing but provide her with laxatives which did not work. She eventually had perforated bowel in four places and was rushed to Christies in London. Sadly it was too late.

I don't say this to scare you but to point out that you must not leave it untreated. If it becomes impacted a simple procedure in the hospital should sort it out for you. Did you try taking the 8 sachet's of Movicol at once as instructed for really bad constipation? It is supposed to move everything.

I do hope you manage to get it sorted out soon as it must be a nightmare for you. Are you getting any fibre in your diet like wheetabix etc? I find it helps a lot.

Hey all thanks for the advice I am going back to the docs at half 3 I know it's a strips subject and after having it it's not something I want again I eat high fibre breakfast every morning like all bran etc the one thing I have found out is I started drink loads of tea an coffee instead if water thinking that as it ha water in I would be fine well I was wrong so have stopped drinking tea and coffe and started back on sugar free squash I have passed a poo 2day well in the last 5 mins but with the help of a suppositries hopefully the docs can give me a little something stronger to help me x

Hey all feeling alot better 2day have been regular 2day which is great and the bad pain has gone my doc sai he thought it was down to not having enough fluids so have up my drinking again hope everyone is ok xxx

Could it be gallstones? My friens has them and waiting for surgery to remove her gall bladder and she gets severe pain after eating. I hope its not justthought it was worth a mention. Whatever it is I hope it goes soon x

Back