• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 Days post op!! feeling sore!!

Suzanne5000

Six Month Post Op
hey guys

well i done it! im 4 days post op all went brilliant in belgium. thought i was dying wheni woke up in recovery but each day been a tiny bit better!

im just drinking water, soup and slim fast smoothies in very small doses and im even scared to do that!

My shoulder aches like crazy and if it wasnt for the trapped wind id be okay i think!!!

glad i done it but any useful tips on early stage post op recovery would be greatly appreciated!!!

take care all!! xx

Hi Suzanne

Welcome back, glad it went ok! best tip I can give you is to keep moving to shift the trapped wind (reason for your shoulder pain). Obviously nothing strenous but it really does work.

Mazza

yep gentle walking is the best thing for recovery x

I went on little 5-10 minute strolls around the block 3 times a day in the first few days. Moving is definitely the key to lessen the wind pain.

I also used peppermint tea...that sometimes helped too.

Also take pain medication regularly and don't be a martyr to the pain. I took mine till they ran out and I know that helped.

Also treat yourself kind, listen to your body and its demands.

get_well_graphics_20.gif

hey guys

well i done it! im 4 days post op all went brilliant in belgium. thought i was dying wheni woke up in recovery but each day been a tiny bit better!

im just drinking water, soup and slim fast smoothies in very small doses and im even scared to do that!

My shoulder aches like crazy and if it wasnt for the trapped wind id be okay i think!!!

glad i done it but any useful tips on early stage post op recovery would be greatly appreciated!!!

take care all!! xx

So pleased all went well for you I found chewable windeze very good for me I agree with Caz regular doses of painkiller in the early days good if you have it ( I was sent home from hospital with a bottle already opened with one dose left in it ) so much for going private lol any way all the best and hope you feel better soon xXx

Hi Suzanne, glad it all went well for you and that you're back home safe and sound. As others have said, movement is the best way to help get rid of the painful shoulder wind. I already have my bottle of gripe water in my hospital bag ready to go lol. Take care and hope you find the band to be your best friend. xxGaynorxx

Hi, glad it went well. Moving around definitely helps. I even found getting on all fours and rocking was brilliant for shifting the wind.

hi glad all went well with your op, the only other bit of advice is pepermint cordial with hot water, you only need the smallest amount of pepermint and it gets the wind moving and also like everyone else has said gentle movement helps.

:copon:
hey guys

take care all!! xx

Lovely to have you back Suzanne - just keep on moving gently and all your wind problems will go lol Look after yourself and keep up the fluids - sending you hugs with fairy dust for a speedy recovery x

Back