• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mush/Sloppies for Work

ejc1905

Six Month Post Op
On Thursday next week I can move onto the next stage of mushy food (can not wait :D).

I am planning the menu very carefully as I don't want to fall at the first hurdle but am struggling with what to do for work.

In the old days I would take sandwiches to work and know I will never be able to do that again but my office does not have a microwave or any cooking facilities so can't take a ready meal or prepare something to heat up and really do not like the idea of cold scrambled egg or mash :(

Did anyone else have this problem? Or any suggestions from some of you seasoned Banders?

don't forget that just cos you have moved onto the next stage that you cant eat food off your sloppies list, a food flask is a good idea, you could then take soup which is always an easy choice. I can't remember from my band days but i'm sure there must be something on the list thats ok to eat cold?? good luck xx

as already said a flask is great for soups or veg curry ect, also take a yoghurt as nice and refreshing. tuna/mayo is a great mushy food for a cold eat.

good luck x

liz xxx

I would imagine that a flask would be ideal for taking in less "portable" food.

I bought one from Sainsbury's at the weekend for £2.99 and I am going to be using it for taking hot soup into work and I hope to use it after my op too. (They had a more trendy stainless steel version for about£15 but I prefer my cheap one because you can put it in the dishwasher :D)

love

TillyBob

egg mayo always went down well for me...do you like hummous? I know it's high in calories but you'll only manage a couple of spoonfuls and at the sloppies stage won't cause too much damage :)

On Thursday next week I can move onto the next stage of mushy food (can not wait :D).

I am planning the menu very carefully as I don't want to fall at the first hurdle but am struggling with what to do for work.

In the old days I would take sandwiches to work and know I will never be able to do that again but my office does not have a microwave or any cooking facilities so can't take a ready meal or prepare something to heat up and really do not like the idea of cold scrambled egg or mash :(

Did anyone else have this problem? Or any suggestions from some of you seasoned Banders?

Hi go to a hardware store and buy a food flask, you will be able to put loads in it, cottage pie, curry, spag bol (no pasta), chilli, chunky soup, beans, spageeti hoops etc, my sister was in hospital and I used to take her down a cooked meal in it every night, she loved it cos the hospital food was gross!!

Also im not sure where you work but would it be worth asking those that you work with to maybe all chip in a fiver or whatever it would cost each to buy a cheap microwave, we did this where I use to work, it was great and everyone used it

Back