• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 reasons why I feel great!

Karen19745

Hi just wanted to let you all know that I have just come back from Disney World Florida and I feel so great, I am so grateful to the NHS for this surgery.

1. I didn't need to ask for an extension on the plane

2. I walked for miles and never got out of breath or had any aches and pains

3. I went on all of the rides with the kids (even the scary ones)

4. I could sit in the fixed chairs in the food courts without worrying that I wouldn't fit or I would get stuck

5. I felt good in shorts and vest tops

6. I went to the water parks and walked around in my tankini and wasn't concious about my weight

7. I automatically picked up an XL T-shirt but it was way to big and I ended up buying the Medium

8. I have looked at our photos and didn't think I looked massive, huge, fat and all the other things i used to think about photos taken of me

9. It is the first time I have been on holiday and when I have come back I have lost weight

10. My family and friends commented on how good I looked when I came home

I hope this inspires anyone waiting for surgery or anyone having 2nd thoughts, it is not a miracle cure and I still had to make the right food choices on holiday but this is the best thing I have ever done and I will never regret it not even for a second, Karen x :8855:

Omg that's amazing!! Woohoo well done xxx

Well done! Glad you had lovely holidays.
Thank you for reminding me to be grateful for my surgery too :)

If you dont mind me asking Karen, what sort of things did you eat, I only ask because i go to Florida twice a year and was thinking what would i eat, drink ect while there.
You must be so proud of yourself, well done you.

lindy62

Thanks everyone,

Hi Lindy62, we had a dining plan which was 2 meals and 2 snacks a day, with each meal you got a desert.

So I was having rice krispies for breakfast with 1% milk, then for snacks during the day I would have fruit ice lollies, fruit or sugar free sweets but mnost of the time I just let the kids have my snacks. Then for dinner I would have chicken ceaser salad or fish and salad or turkey salad sandwich but only ate a small bit of bread and ate the filling, I did have a few fries but only about 5 or 6 now and again. Most of the time you got the choice of fries or apple slices so I chose the apple slices. Also the deserts on the boards never showed fruit or yoghurt as an option but I just asked if they had a low fat option and they normally offered a fruit cup or a low fat yoghurt.
I did try a vanilla ice cream but then spent the next hour on the toilet so I didn't make that mistake again LOL, and another day I had a hot dog and got the same reaction so it kept me in line, hope this helps, Karen x

Oh Karen I'm sooooo jealous we love Florida and have been a few times:airplane:

We've forgone any holiday this year in order to get my op......can't wait till next year and we'll be able to go again:party0011::party0011:

You've done so well and to be able to cope over there at this time of year with the heat, humidity and all their food you deserve a medal.

Can't wait till you post some of those lovely pics

Back