• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I feel lost

Lippyloirston

Okay, went shopping yesterday for new work trousers. Went to my 'go to' store Next and picked up 3 pairs of trousers size 12 . Tried them on all too big, popped out and asked the assistant if she could get me them in a size 10 (I know, never in 100 years did I think I would be confidently asking for a size 10). Tried on smaller trousers.... Still too big , now very confused, checked labels, looked in mirror, checked labels again. Got dressed and left the store. This is making me very anxious, I don't understand why?
Really hoping someone can explain why this is totally upsetting me. Plus I still need to buy some trousers!! Tried to speak to my hubby, I know what was I thinking. Don't want to speak to my friends about it, in case they think I've finally flipped, plus I don't think they would really 'get it'.
Hopeful someone can explain my weirdness. Xxxx

What do you think is upsetting you Lippy?

I don't know your story, but from your quick description and if you're anything like me - you've had a constant life long struggle with your weight. It could be that now you're 'normal' size there's no challenge for you. It's like you've not got anything to aim for.

I say get back in that shop and try a size 8. If they don't fit - go somewhere else. I think sometimes we need to forget what the sizes say. Even when I was 14st the wardrobe was made up of sizes 10 - 18 and they all fitted.
Xx

Its strange isn't it I got into a size 12 Jeans, they were from Tesco and were obviously a fluke, so I got a size 12 from Asda they too fitted so got a size 12 from Love Label and they too fitted, I just think they are all wrongly sized!!

Is it because you look in the mirror and see a "fatbird" like I do? And the 2 don't marry up in your mind fatbird + small sizes = confusion?

I just don't understand I'm so small? I'm used to going into changing rooms and squeezing into sizes. Trying on small clothes that are too big, is overwhelming. I don't see it. I know I'm smaller, but I've never been a 12, even when I was a teenager I was a 14. I'm sorry to be moaning about this, when this is what I want, I just hoped someone on the forum would 'get it'. As my friends all think I'm either too thin, or I'm fishing for compliments x

I get you hun :)
Im not as small as you just now (still hoping it'll happen) But I've been recently fitting into size 14/16 tops and I'm 6 months pregnant. Its mad and I've cried several times because I have no one to talk to about it. Just overwhelming to be able to go into any shop now and not just Evans or shops online!

I think we all feel like that. The psychological stuff is far harder to manage than the physical changes. If your really struggling, ask your team to refer you to a psychologist. In seeing one and it has helped me immensely x

It maybe that for years you have had one shop to get your clothes from. You were confident of getting something which fitted and you knew what you wanted and what size you were. You now no longer know what size you are and have lots of shops to go to for your clothing. You have lost your confidence in knowing your body so you are floundering. It is unsettling because it is something you knew very well for some time. The only thing I can liken it to is, when you go to a restaurant and you go in confident in knowledge that you will be having chicken and chips because you know you like it. When you go in and see the menu, there are lots of things on there and suddenly you don't know what you want. You start to panic a bit and think that it would be better to just leave rather than try to choose something.

Or perhaps I'm just talking a lot of rubbish and it is something else completely!!!

Debbie

I totally get this. This is probably the core of my body issues,.

Back