• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I can't quite believe I just...

TR_Wolf

(just call me Adam)
It's hard to imagine, but I just did a 4.1 mile walk!!

I wanted to try it, just for my own sake, to see whether I was able to, and I was!

I walked from my home in Horwich, Bolton, to Frederick's Ice Cream Parlour in Heath Charnock, Chorley! :icecream: (Don't worry, I only had a cup of tea at Frederick's, lol) :innocent0002:

Then I got the bus back to Horwich, but the second bus which I usually get, (which drives up the big hill where I live) had ended for the day, so I walked up the hill!

Then what happened after I got home and got some sugar free squash in me? I started cleaning the kitchen and filling up the dishwasher!

I only had the surgery just over 2 weeks ago, and I've got tons of energy! I'm loving it! I'm finding that the 2 stone I've shed is making me more energetic, and taking pressure off my frame, especially my back... Phil even struggles to keep up with me now when I go bouncing off ahead of him in the supermarket! :8855:

So I might have sat at every bench on the walk, and I might have got the bus back and stopped a few times for breathers, but I did over 4 miles of walking today, and I feel great for it!! :winner:

You know... I'm looking forward to this new life :)

Click here to see some pics from my walk today :)

Fantastic - keep up the good work.

Do you watch Biggest Loser USA? I am always amazed at what exercise they can do. (But the show always makes me cry!)

Hi Adam - The walk looks lovely. Really good that you have your energy back already, no stopping you now.....soon you`ll be legging it up hill and down dale x

The pictures of the carved wooden bears are good (are they carved by a local artist as they are very tactile looking.

Where does your name TR Wolf come from....thats if you don`t mind us asking as its unusual.....alright if you don`t answer hun x

Take care

Love Kat x

Hi Adam - The walk looks lovely. Really good that you have your energy back already, no stopping you now.....soon you`ll be legging it up hill and down dale x

The pictures of the carved wooden bears are good (are they carved by a local artist as they are very tactile looking.

Where does your name TR Wolf come from....thats if you don`t mind us asking as its unusual.....alright if you don`t answer hun x

Take care

Love Kat x

Not sure about the bears, just saw them in a front garden and took an instant liking to them :)

As for TR Wolf, it's related to the furry fandom. The 'TR' originally stood for 'Team Rocket', the stylish yet evil corporation in the Pokemon computer games (I picked it a long time ago, lol), and Wolf seemed the best suited animal to their character.

That is great Adam only 2 weeks after surgery too :eek:. You are doing amazingly well, keep up the good work x

thats great adam & it looks a lovely area you live in.it makes walking, all the more pleasant doesn't it:)
i love my walks here in llandudno,especially now the weather,is getting nicer.keep up the good work.
the forbidden journey,is becoming a reality,for us:)
keep up the good work,
tracy x

A fab walk Adam. I bet you sleep tonight!
ps. i used to live in Adlington, years ago.
Lynne x

Hi Adam
Thats brilliant and so soon after your op too, keep up the good work, your an inspiration to us that are still waiting for our op. I look forward to hearing how much you lose in the future x

thats great adam & it looks a lovely area you live in.it makes walking, all the more pleasant doesn't it:)
i love my walks here in llandudno,especially now the weather,is getting nicer.keep up the good work.
the forbidden journey,is becoming a reality,for us:)
keep up the good work,
tracy x

Me and Phil spent our 4th anniversary, and 1st wedding anniversary in Llandudno :) We may be doing so again this year, we think it's a lovely place, especially up on the Orme! I think I'll be eating less at Mama Rosa's though! :p

Well done, that's amazing, Karen x

Back