• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

100 sit ups a day :-/

cherry

so girls after my wls im hoping for a tt as most of you know!! if i did 100 sit ups a day do you think it would help keep the skin toned, i know no amount of excersise will take away lose skin but i mean the top bit of my belly etc... x

You wont be able to do sit ups, or any abdominal exercise for about 3 months Kelly. But after that, Im sure it will help with toning.

ooo no i mean before hand to if i started now? is it really 3 month wait after a band?... x

you could start now, thats fine, but you shouldnt do abdominal exercises after any kind of abdominal surgery.

I've had a lovely new bike sat in my shed for months.... My provider says i can get on it 3 months after my surgery. Another 5 or 6 weeks and i'll think about it, although i'd rather wait till i lost another couple of stone. I may well bite the bullet and ride it the mile or so to work if i can do it without messing my hair up :) xx

hahahhahahhaha julie u really make me laugh x

you could start now, thats fine, but you shouldnt do abdominal exercises after any kind of abdominal surgery.

I should have said, that only applies for 3 months unless you get the all clear sooner than that from your bariatric team. The risk of hernia is too great.

I was jogging from about 2 months after my bypass, but didnt do any sit ups or the like till I was about 4 months. I had my gallbladder out in May, and although only a relatively minor op I wont do any sit ups until im 3 months post op which is very soon!

ooo thanks for the info sam :)) goodluck with starting it all!! xx

I've been doing sit ups for the last month now and have gradually built up to about 80 a day. It probably won't make any difference to my flabby belly, but it is good for the core muscles.

Kelly, do it now - it can only help x

ooo im gonna! thanks luv xx

I think any exercise regime you can start pre operatively can only benefit your recovery from surgery! Be careful not to overdo it though, a strain hurts like heck!

i can't do any abs work, i have a mahoosive hernia due to my open surgery, aches a bit, hopefully when i see my surgeon he can give me some idea as to when i am likely to get it fixed, i'm very lucky, don't have much loose skin at all, but i'm sure i'll need a nip and tuck when i get to goal

Back