• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

11 days post op, feel good except for pain left side

Danielle <3

11 days post gastric bypass I feel great, starting to eat and drinking my two litres of fluid little and often sips throughout the day. Except I get this pain in my side under my ribs at the left hand side, its almost like a spasm that travels up and down and twinges into my shoulder. I am belching so bringing wind up however I was still thinking trapped wind. I tried peppermint tea and walking but nothing is helping was going to ring the gastric nurse tomorrow as I have been worrying thinking that its my stomach but if its trapped wind I feel silly for bothering them. I felt brill as well bcoz at the beginning I was quite emotional but I stopped feeling sorry for myself and started to settle. Just need this pain gone. Any advice welcome x

A warm wheat bag can help along with the mont tea but also gentle exercise & movement by that I mean walking & moving sensibly it will escape one way or another but can literally be a real pain for a while.

Thanks Penelope do u think it could be trapped wind ? yeah I have been walking and moving around more the last few days. I had it at the beginning then wasn't so bad for a couple of days and its back with a vengence. Going to try the wheat bag :D I just wasn't sure if it would still be here this long. Thanks for ur advice x

We are all different it could still be you could have overdone it & pulled a muscle or the healing inner scars, certainly contact your team to be on the safe side but I think it will be nothing to worry about & will ease soon for you be it wind or muscular.

Thanks Penelope :D I am sitting here with the wheat bag on now hope it eases a little, maybe more wind as it comes and goes but think I will ring tomorrow just to settle my mind x

I remember that pain like it was yesterday......it started for me at 4 weeks post op.....nothing shifted it, just when I was getting totally fed up it disappeared!!!
Muscles and nerve endings were mending apparently.
I'm now six weeks out and it's completely gone now so just hang in there sweety, it will pass xxxxx

Thanks gayle:) was it under ur ribs to the left, I mean I am covered in big bruises but they are in the middle of my stomach. Coming and going and moving around my rib cage so blumming painful. Il hang in there thanks pleased in the knowledge that this isn't forever and always x

Hi Danielle,
I had pain left side and still get it if I drink my water too quickly or if (sorry if tmi) but if not been to loo for a few days get same pain. I found the doculate capsule good with water to erm help that. Plus warm water with a dash of lemon and gentle moving around the house helped with the trapped wind. It took about four weeks for it to go after the bypass but it started to ease really well in week 3. I would still ring your team though to be safe.
Take care

Hi thanks for the advice actually u could be right about the loo issue, rang today they defo think it is trapped wind, I have been walking all over but its a bugger mind and still hanging around, they said give it two weeks and then they will see if its still there then they will check me over. They recommended I get some senna alexia no sugar before it gets too bad. Its all or nothing in the old toilet department hahaha :D x

ouch senna if not gone for several days can be an ouch. Lol I highly recommend the docusate capsules. They erm soften rather than irritate the bowel which Senna does. So may be more gentle movement out! Plus water.. lots and lots of water will help with the movements too. Senna works a treat if its only been a day or so. We took docusate after surgery in the hospital as the meds you get to knock you out and the painkillers all bung you up too.
Good luck and it should all move along soon. :)

Things have moved in the right direction thanks :D x however I might try what u recommended kate as the senna was a little crampy x

Back