• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

13 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
hi everyone, it's only 13 days now to my gastric bypass, i'm sooooo excited but also very scared although the pre-op diet is taking my mind off of things! It's soooo hard i've never felt hunger pains like it! Does anyone know if i should be taking any vitamins now? Also any ideas on preparing for what i need to eat when i come home after the op? Lisa xxx

Hi Lisa,

Firstly good luck for your surgery and secondly, I am not post op just yet and I am having the Duodenal Switch procedure in 4 days, but as far as I am aware you will be on soups and yoghurt consistancy foods for a little while so stock up on those and if you or your family are any good at cooking you could make your own soups that won't contain all the additives and freeze it in small containers.
I saw some little round plastic tubs in B&M that would be perfect and thet are only about 59p each and they are freezer and microwave safe.
Hope that helps!!!

hi, thanks for that will definately take your advice, good luck to you to, it's sooo exciting isnt it, can't wait to wear my hotpants!!!!!!!!!
lisa xxx

I've already got my eye on a gorgeous bikini.....lol!

I am hopefully going to be getting married in about 3 years so I am really looking forward to being able to try wedding dresses on and not have to ask if they do BIG sizes..........whoo hoo!!!!

hi and good luck with the pre-op

YES!!! you should be taking a multivit and mineral suppliment now, its also good practise for once you have had your op

hi all, thanks for your advice and kind words, im feeling alot better on the pre-op diet today(my 5th day)headaches seem to have gone. i'm mainly eating chicken as im sooo fussy with food(well healthy food that is)!! LISA XXX

If you can PM me with your email addy I can email you the documents my surgeons provide. They give sample menus, vitamins, etc.

yea im 6 days away from my bypass .. been on pre op diet 8-9 days now .... was OK for first 4 days .. but then fainted......

i was doing the 5 slim-fast a day and 2 ltr clear fluids.... but had to add soups in and i had a salad and half chicken Brest..

i had never felt pain like it it was awful was like i had a sword through my tummy.. and i was laying on the floor eyes rolling white as a sheet...

so i spoke to hospital and they said i was not getting enough and to have more drinks and soup is fine and a small meal on evening..

feel fine now thankfully ..

so yea im 6 days away from surgery .. excited but scared also.. good luck with Ur's girls ;o)

thanks brett, i was envious of you when i read you were on slimfast but you've convinced me i'm better off with the chicken! you're diet sounds similar to mine, it was hard at first i had awful hunger pains but settled down fine now, good luck with yours as well, lisa xxx

Back